Lanning: Xbox One team should be fired over indie stance

Actually what separates consoles from PC is exclusives. They don't need to be AAA necessariliy, but that has unfortunately become the norm and what people expect, including publishers, into thinking is only what sells. I'm not saying consoles can survive on indies only because of course they can't. And nudie games? Wtf are you talking about?

ps. this isn't a personal attack or anything, but could you please put some more time into your posts. Your replies to me tonight have been a real pain to make sense of. I know your English is better than this.

Why not? For the last 3 years my only remaining interest in the 360 has largely been due to XBLA & the indie titles released on it. I do the same with my gaming PC as well as use it for F2P games.

Maybe it's time to upgrade from the "big boy's table" to the adult table & learn to appreciate games for more reasons other than their kill streaks & high end graphics :yes:

Kill Streaks and High End Graphics?... Hunt down my gamer tag (diezel78) and see what games I really like...

Only FPS I really play is Halo... Haven't liked CoD since MW2...

Arcade and Indie are 2 separate things on Live... I love arcade games too... Only a handful of Indie games out of the millions of turds are worth it...

Kill Streaks and High End Graphics?... Hunt down my gamer tag (diezel78) and see what games I really like...

Arcade and Indie are 2 separate things on Live... I love arcade games too... Only a handful of Indie games out of the millions of turds are worth it...

Opinions also largely consist of millions of turds. Thankfully, Microsoft, Sony, and the rest of us who likes games don't have to worry about these little "nuggets".

In the end, if you don't like indies, that's cool. Microsoft is working on pushing out a more media centric device anyway so maybe you can go watch TV if you don't care for the games. :sleep2:

Actually what separates consoles from PC is exclusives. They don't need to be AAA necessariliy, but that has unfortunately become the norm and what people expect, including publishers, into thinking is only what sells. I'm not saying consoles can survive on indies only because of course they can't. And nudie games? Wtf are you talking about?

ps. this isn't a personal attack or anything, but could you please put some more time into your posts. Your replies to me tonight have been a real pain to make sense of. I know your English is better than this.

My posts get weird when I post from the pad.

in any case, indie games is not what moves consoles. when people decide what console they're moving, the deciding factor isn't what console has FTL. For some people for some crazy reason, if it has minecraft could actually be a deciding factor, BUT, that's a major exception AND it's not really indie, and you should just buy some real lego, it's more fun and more detailed. 

The branding might be different, but there are plenty of indie game developers that release on XBLA. It comes down to what the definition of "indie" even is. I don't happen to believe that if they partner with a publisher they're suddenly not indie any more, considering that's something Microsoft forced upon them, not something they wanted to do.

My posts get weird when I post from the pad.

in any case, indie games is not what moves consoles. when people decide what console they're moving, the deciding factor isn't what console has FTL. For some people for some crazy reason, if it has minecraft could actually be a deciding factor, BUT, that's a major exception AND it's not really indie, and you should just buy some real lego, it's more fun and more detailed. 

I've already said I agree that indies won't be the deciding factor for average Joe when buying a console. In my case it is a huge deciding factor though.

My point is that a larger selection of games (ignoring quality because a game's enjoyment is largely subjective to taste), is not something to scoff at or ignore. It instantly puts Sony in a better position to support indies (either providing dev kits for free or helping with costs/dev etc), than pushing them away like Microsoft has because of some draconian list of requirements or not allowing them to have the same features (achievements/proper MP).

And just in case it's not clear to some, I am very happy about Microsoft's decision to reverse their stance. I'm not berating them of this announcement, besides that it should have been rehauled 5 years ago, not when they start to feel the heat from Sony/**** the indie dev scene off.

Happy birthday btw :)