Man of Steel sequel to feature Batman (and others) (2016)

tumblr_mxfe181XTb1t2jnmro5_250.pngtumblr_mxfe181XTb1t2jnmro2_250.png

tumblr_mxfe181XTb1t2jnmro3_250.pngtumblr_mxfe181XTb1t2jnmro4_250.png

tumblr_mxfe181XTb1t2jnmro1_250.pngtumblr_mxfe181XTb1t2jnmro6_250.png

Despite rumors of Justice League and even a Batman reboot being scheduled for 2015, it appears that Warner Bros. is going another route for that year. According to Hero Complex, the Man Of Steel follow-up will be a Batman/Superman team-up movie. WB is expected to announce this at its San Diego Comic-Con panel today. Man Of Steel director and screenwriter Zack Snyder and David S. Goyer are returning, as well as (of course) star Henry Cavill. Christopher Nolan (producer of Man Of Steel and director of The Dark Knight Trilogy) may produce, but his exact involvement is unknown. However, as previously confirmed, don't expect Christian Bale to return as Batman. 2015 is already packed with blockbusters, with The Avengers 2, Star Wars: Episode VII, Jurassic Park 4, Ant-Man, a Terminator reboot and more expected to be released that year. However, Batman/Superman will hopefully stand out as it continues to finally create a DC Cinematic Universe.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=83734

3HB7i.png

Zack Snyder is here! He says he's taking the podium because, "some s--t's going to happen right here!" He's officially announcing a Man of Steel sequel! He says there's a single element that he can reveal. He says he poured through the DC Universe to look for a way to reveal this. "I want you to remember Clark," he says, "in all the years to come. In all your private moments. In all the years to come, my hand at your throat. I want you to remember, the one man who beat you."

Awesome news.

Disappointed if Snyder gets the reins again though. MoS trailer was so good, I thought he might have changed however the film was one hollow experience.

Snyder is going to direct.

It?s official that we are going to make another Superman movie. And you say, Zack, what is the movie about? But you don?t want me to tell you that. You want to go and see the movie. But I can say that maybe there?s a single element that will be in the film that I could? help you out with. I was thinking about how to do that. I pored through the DC Universe to look for a way to tell this thing. We?re writing the thing now, but I came across a thing I found that?ll help you understand it.

And then Harry Lennix read this line, from Frank Miller?s The Dark Knight Returns: ?I want you to remember, Clark, in all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember your hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you.?

This is fantastic news! I was all excited when I read about it on Twitter. Funny though, I read the news after watching "Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox" :p

Everyone seems to think it will be Armie Hammer but I don't think that's good casting

I agree.. after watching the Lone Ranger.. Hammer cannot be Bats. 

I don't know why people go nuts for this kind of mashup. I am not some comic nerd maybe that's why?, but it never really made sense to me for super heros to all be living in the same universe.

I also didn't think much of "Man Of Steel".

Batman is by far my favorite superhero, and after watching many DC Superman and Batman animated movies (as well as Justice League), the best Superman stories are always when Batman is involved too.

Batman is the best counterpart for Superman and vice versa. Batman is dark, gritty, and much less morally unambiguous; Batman is willing to go where Superman isn't to get to justice. That dynamic, as well as the fact that Batman is far weaker, but still able to kill the great Superman if he has to (making him more of an equal), makes for a great story. There couldn't be two more different superheroes.

Still though, no one has really done Batman as well as Batman can be done. The focus is always on the suit, and fighting, and gadgets, etc.. Batman's real superpower isn't his suit or his fortune, it's his intellect and his abilities as an investigator. Batman is always 6 steps ahead of everyone else. That's why his best enemies are always mad geniuses, like the Joker.

Problem here is Batman is not in the same "area" as Super man... I mean you can't kill Super man yet you can kill Batman. I find this very much an issue and without bringing Bale back to do Batman I don't see how it can be done and be done well at all. You need everyone that Batman was around in the recent films to make it work.

I mean look what is written here..

"It's beyond mythological to have Superman and our new Batman facing off, since they are the greatest superheroes in the world," he said.

Snyder strongly hinted that the heroes will be rivals in the movie.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/20/showbiz/comic-con-superman-batman/index.html?hpt=hp_c3

How in the hell can you have them battle each other???? REALLY??

^^ You really need to read Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns, not to mention that in the comics Bats has various kryptonite weapons in case Sups becomes a danger.

• Like 2

Problem here is Batman is not in the same "area" as Super man... I mean you can't kill Super man yet you can kill Batman. I find this very much an issue and without bringing Bale back to do Batman I don't see how it can be done and be done well at all. You need everyone that Batman was around in the recent films to make it work.

I mean look what is written here..

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/20/showbiz/comic-con-superman-batman/index.html?hpt=hp_c3

How in the hell can you have them battle each other???? REALLY??

You havent read any comics, havent you?

dark+knight+4+superman+batman+fight+1+-+

Everyone seems to think it will be Armie Hammer but I don't think that's good casting

I really hope it won't be him. He doesn't look like a Bruce Wayne and he looks too young to play Batman.

Batman is by far my favorite superhero, and after watching many DC Superman and Batman animated movies (as well as Justice League), the best Superman stories are always when Batman is involved too.

Batman is the best counterpart for Superman and vice versa. Batman is dark, gritty, and much less morally unambiguous; Batman is willing to go where Superman isn't to get to justice. That dynamic, as well as the fact that Batman is far weaker, but still able to kill the great Superman if he has to (making him more of an equal), makes for a great story. There couldn't be two more different superheroes.

Still though, no one has really done Batman as well as Batman can be done. The focus is always on the suit, and fighting, and gadgets, etc.. Batman's real superpower isn't his suit or his fortune, it's his intellect and his abilities as an investigator. Batman is always 6 steps ahead of everyone else. That's why his best enemies are always mad geniuses, like the Joker.

I agree with this post! Batman is also my favorite superhero. And that last bit is why I'd rather see a film about the mysteriousness of Batman/Gotham instead of the darkness of it all. The dark side has been done now anyways. He's worlds best detective and strategist anyways, so why not play on that in the next reboot?

Also, Clark and Bruce both are friends of each other and so are Superman and Batman. You could almost say that Clark/Superman is the only real friend that Bruce has.

You should read the new "Batman/Superman" comic book that recently launched. It's a New 52 title which is about the first encounter of Batman and Superman.

@sanctified and DocM: It's going to be tricky now though because I assume Batman and Superman don't know each other's weaknesses yet. What's awesome about it though is that we're going to see a new side of Batman on the big screen. One where he uses his gadgets more than in previous films.

I'm so excited about this film! They're not going to adapt anything so it's going to be an original story. I'm really hoping they're going to do the idea justice.

Also, people need to brush of the notion that Bale is THE Batman. He was a great Batman in Nolan's trilogy, but Batman is much more than that version of the Dark Knight. You could compare it with James Bond if you will. Every 'era' of the James Bond movies was a different type of action flick because they used different actors to portray James Bond. You could see Batman films in that same way. At least, I do. The Flash even called Batman the James Bond of superheroes in "Justice League: Flashpoint" :p

I don't know why people go nuts for this kind of mashup. I am not some comic nerd maybe that's why?, but it never really made sense to me for super heros to all be living in the same universe.

I also didn't think much of "Man Of Steel".

See Avengers...... all your favorite superhero movies in the same movie...