Man of Steel sequel to feature Batman (and others) (2016)

^I think it looks fine to be honest.

Also. you call that bright? I'd call Frank Miller's version of the Batcave bright compared to that concept art:

frankmiller-asbar-child-02.jpg

Even David Finch's Batcave is brighter:

tumblr_lqeq5myMn31r0xaibo1_1280.jpg

Remember that Batman is much more than what you've seen in Nolan's trilogy. Batman is not only about darkness and whatnot. His Batcave is usually well lighted.

Even the latest Batcave from Greg Capullo and Fco Plascencia isn't dark:

image2.png

What I'd rather point it is that the walls of the cave looks 'made', like he had a construction company working down there. IMO, the Batcave shouldn't look 'made' but more like the comic book versions I put into this post.

What's interesting to note though is that Nolan's Batpod is put into that concept art.

Batman v Superman: Zach Snyder takes advice from Frank Miller in bid for blockbuster battle of the superheroes

Batman v Superman director Zach Snyder will have talks in the next few days with the man who first pitched the two superheroes against each other in an iconic comic book tale 30 years ago.

Writer and artist Frank Miller cast an ageing Bruce Wayne against Clark Kent in Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, a series later compiled into a graphic novel, just under 30 years ago.

Snyder?s surprise announcement at the San Diego Comic Con last week that the next Superman movie would for the first time feature both superheroes on screen together was met with huge applause.

Source: The Independent

No surprise, seeing how they used the best quote from the Miller comic to let us know batman was going to be in the movie I'd say they also borrow ideas from the comic quite a bit to.  Having said that I don't expect to see a "aged batman" or something of the sort but I do think we'll see them fight early on or just not get along at all etc.

^Well, they did state it's going to be a X vs X movie so they'll be fighting against each other. I think he'll be at the early stages of his career since Superman just became "Superman" as well. Maybe he'll be 2 years or so into his career?

I think this'll be closer to the Man of Steel comic series #3 where Sups investigates a vigilante in Gotham. Bats is going after a major criminal. Sups finds and challenges him and Bats, being the lovable sweetheart he is, threatens to set off a bomb that would take out an innocent citizen (that unknown to Sups ends up being Bats/Bruce.) After much contention they grudgingly team to get the bad guy.

The folks over at Batman on Film are hearing that Warner Bros. is looking to cast an actor in his mid-40s to play a version of Batman who is ?a grizzled veteran who has been on the job for several years.?

http://www.batman-on-film.com/BATMAN-REBOOTED_BvS_rumor_Batman-BW-older-in-BvS_8-1-13.html

Awful news. They should just one day do a full on adaptation of TDKR comic, sort of like the animated version that recently came out, and keep Zack Snyder as far away from it as possible.

I just don't want to see the two fighting each other - makes no sense and Superman would win - batman is not a "super" hero.

It's all about who's got the kryptonite yo, lol.   Anyways the news of an older batman doesn't fit well, I don't like it much.  If he's 40 something then how does MoS2 work it's way to a future JL movie?  Bats can't be more than mid 30s IMO for a JL movie.  

Yeah, it's kinda weird that they want to have an older Batman, unless they're going to skip loads of years in Man of Steel. They're just going to make him old on the story for the sake of Frank Miller's story I bet. When Superman and Batman first met they were both at the start of their careers. And about the actors posted on that news page: None of them look like a Bruce Wayne imo, let alone a Batman.

I just don't want to see the two fighting each other - makes no sense and Superman would win - batman is not a "super" hero.

Catch up on your reading - they've fought before, and Sups did not win. Brains over brawn, and a weakened Sups.

Numerous times even. Batman isn't the best strategist in the DC Universe for no reason. Superman is already very smart on his own so if Batman can even outsmart him, that should mean something. So in that respect, Batman IS a superhero :p

Next to Watchmen the best comic I've ever read. Which is why I think serving that story (or elements of it) can't possibly work in a sequel to the Superman origins movie. If anything, it should be a Batman centered story.

http://hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/man-steel-2s-batman-actors-598856

'Man of Steel 2' Seeking 40-ish Batman: The Early Contenders

Who will play Batman?

That's the big question gripping the fanboy world ever since Warner Bros. and DC announced at Comic-Con that the two iconic heroes will team up for the Man of Steel sequel.

>

First, some words of caution. The script is still being written, so nothing has been submitted formally to reps and actors. Two, according to sources, director Zack Snyder is only just beginning to look at actors.

But the real insight is the kind of Bruce Wayne/Batman that Snyder is looking to cast. According to numerous sources, this Wayne/Batman will be in the late 30s or around the 40 mark. He will be established and rugged. This new movie will not seek to recount an origin story or the rise of the Dark Knight. Christian Bale, The Dark Knight trilogy Batman, has said he won't return for another film.

Sources say the new movie is aiming for the tone of the relationship and fight seen in Frank Miller?s 1980s ground-breaking mini-series The Dark Knight Returns (How important is that work? Important enough that the cover to issue No. 2 sold Friday at a Heritage Auction for $478,000.)

Enough with the preamble. Here are the top names surfacing at this stage:

Josh Brolin, 46 -- Warner Bros likes him a lot. He starred in the studio?s Gangster Squad, and that?s after he toplined the studio?s 2010 dud Jonah Hex. He's also attached to star in Warners' Quasimodo project as well as Crazy for the Storm. Plus, he already has a Frank Miller connection: he leads the cast of Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, Robert Rodriguez?s upcoming take on the Miller crime comics.

(Two sources say Brolin is the frontrunner at this stage, but a studio source dismisses the chatter, saying that the casting process hasn't even begun.)

Ryan Gosling, 32 -- Yes, Brolin's Gangster Squad co-star appears to be in the mix. He may be younger than the rest, he may be prettier than the rest, but no one questions his acting chops.

Other contenders:

Joe Manganiello, 36 -- According to several insiders, Snyder liked him as a possible Superman for Man of Steel before settling on Henry Cavill, but one major stumbling block was the schedule that Alan Ball had him on for filming True Blood, the HBO vampire series in which Manganiello plays a werewolf.

Richard Armitage, 41 -- The British actor appeared in TV?s Strike Back, but may be best known to audiences for playing Thorin in the Hobbit movie for Warners' New Line division. He will reprise the characters for the second and third installments.

Max Martini, 43 -- He cut his teeth playing tough guys on TV in shows such as Revenge, Castle and Hawaii Five-O but won notice as a sacrificing father in Pacific Rim and will play a Navy SEAL commander in this fall's Captain Phillips.

Matthew Goode, 35 -- He?s already worked with Snyder in the director's 2009 film Watchmen, in which he played Ozymandias.

One insider says that any talk of casting is premature since the script isn't yet written. But that has not stopped studio insiders from whispering names or preventing agencies from drawing up lists of their best faces. Another insider scoffs "You might as well put Adam West in this list" and suggests that a left-of-center choice still could emerge.

Casting is likely to solidify in the coming weeks as Warner Bros wants to shoot the movie in early 2014 for a 2015 release.

The only 2 who I see as a potential Batman/Bruce Wayne are Joe Manganiello and Max Martini. I haven't seen either acting yet so I don't know about that part, but they do have the looks for the character. And maybe Richard Armitage as well actually

Ryan Gosling just isn't material for super-hero movies if you ask me. They should keep him as far away from Batman as possible. He's a great actor, but he just doesn't seem fitting for such movies.

Also, Matthew Goode for a Batman?! Maybe he could potentially play Nightwing. He looks more like Robin material than Batman material to be honest :/

i wonder if some communist will sue this movies,

because the "Man of Steel" are title addressed to Stalin:

http://www.military-history.org/articles/stalin-facts-10-little-known-facts.htm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b011wh1g

this just like "Metro" & "SkyDrive" fiasco, whoever proposing "Man of Steel" for superman doesn't do their homework to see if such title already being use.

Well, since the alias dates back to the beginnings of the character Superman, I'm sure the creators of the comic-books and the movies are fine. Also, I don't think Stalin patented his name or put it up for trademark or whatever. So, maybe you should do your homework instead?

Back ON TOPIC; Matthew Goode is a good actor, he's tall enough at 6' 2", and he did well in his turn as Ozymandias, but his face isn't what you'd expect from this version of Batman - not "square jawed" enough.