Justice_League-Origin.jpg

A representative for Warner Home Video has confirmed initial details for the upcoming DC Universe Animated Original Movie Justice League: War. The World?s Finest first broke the news on this upcoming direct-to-video animated feature right here back in May 2013. According to the representative, Justice League: War, scheduled for release come Early 2014 from Warner Home Video, will be an adaptation of the ?Justice League: Origin? storyline recently published by DC Comics. ?Justice League: Origin? was written by Geoff Johns with artwork by Jim Lee and Scott Williams. The storyline kicked off the comic publisher?s current ongoing ?The New 52? comic-line initiative. DC Comics? description of the ?Origin? storyline is as follows, as seen below.

"In a universe where Super Heroes are strange and new, Batman has discovered a dark evil that requires him to unite the World Greatest Heroes! Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Aquaman, The Flash and Cyborg unite for the first time to form the Justice League!"

Initial cast and crew details for Justice League: War have also been released, and are as follows.

• Jason O?Mara ? Batman
  • Alan Tudyk ? Superman
  • Michelle Monaghan ? Wonder Woman
  • Justin Kirk ? Green Lantern
  • Christopher Gorham ? The Flash
  • Shemar Moore ? Cyborg
Further additions and announcements to the cast are expected. Jay Oliva is also confirmed as director for Justice League: War, with Heath Corson adapting the original ?Justice League: Origin? story written by Geoff Johns.

Source: World's Finest

• 1 month later...

In an image tweeted Friday by publicist Gary Miereanu, Wonder Woman is seen wearing a noticeably different costume than in her depiction in the feature's source material, the New 52 "Justice League" opening arc by Geoff Johns and Jim Lee. Specifically, the outfit appears to start midway on the character's neck, rather than the character's more common, cleavage-revealing portrayals.

1377894957.jpg

Last week, Miereanu revealed another screenshot from the animated feature, also featuring an altered take on a DC Comics hero -- Batman with something of a chin strap added to his cowl.

1377902290.jpg

Source: Comic Book Resources

This looks good (Y)

It definitely does and I like the redesigns as well. Maybe these will be the "New 52" suits for the new animated films. Either way, I'm really looking forward to this film eventhough I've already read the comic books.

Can't wait. I'm enjoying Johns' Justice League work.

Yeah, same here! I also liked his Green Lantern work a lot.

His GL work got me into comics in the first place. I owe him a lot of gratitude!

Haha, awesome. I got into comic books through Tintin actually, haha.

I guess they went with a new WW outfit and tried to tone down the revealing nature of it from here on out.  Last thing we need is for them to do a WW movie or series and have some people crying out that it's sexist or something.

I guess they went with a new WW outfit and tried to tone down the revealing nature of it from here on out.  Last thing we need is for them to do a WW movie or series and have some people crying out that it's sexist or something.

With, this new outfit does look better for live-action movies if you ask me. I think it's more of a New 52 redesign but for the animated universe. Or she'll change her suit once the Justice League has been formed. Remember, this film is about how they were formed in the New 52 universe, so the suit might be temporary. Though, I think it's going to be her default suit throughout the film.

Great, they're doing New 52 in the videos now too. Now I need to boycott them like i do the comics.

Lol, why? It's not like they're going to change the universe in their comic books again just because 1 person boycotts them :p You alone are not hurting them by not buying their comic books.

Also, changing it all back is useless at this point. The New 52 is here to stay it's going to stay for a long while until they feel like rebooting again.

• 1 month later...

Warner Bros. Home Video have released a new trailer for the forthcoming animated feature film Justice League: War. You can see it embedded below via IGN.

Featuring a Justice League composed of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Cyborg and Shazam, the film will be a loose adaptation of Geoff Johns and Jim Lee?s first Justice League story in the New 52. It? the first DC Universe feature that?s been made after Justice League: the Flashpoint Paradox and therefore the first set in the New 52.

And, yes, the trailer features the famed ?just a guy in a bat costume? line, although it?s not delivered nearly as well in the film as it was in my head.

Source: Justice League: War Trailer Debuts Online

Looking great, but the music was too loud. You can barely make out what people are saying! And the "just a guy in a bat costume" delivery isn't nearly as good as it was in the comic.

I must say, I like the new WW look after seeing the trailer.   I'm of the opinion that good looking women can look good without having to show lots of skin to do so.

This looks good!

Definitely!

Looking great, but the music was too loud. You can barely make out what people are saying! And the "just a guy in a bat costume" delivery isn't nearly as good as it was in the comic.

Yeah, I noticed that too. A bummer really. And yeah, that part was loads better in the comic! Interesting how they've added Shazam into this story as well. He was a backup story in the comics during this event.

• 1 month later...

When's this coming again? WB can't release enough animated films in my opinion. Need more batman ones please. :p

• 2 weeks later...

Warner Bros. has announced the world premiere of the next DC animated film, Justice League: War. Scheduled for January 21st, a panel discussion headlined by Christopher Gorham (who voices The Flash in the feature) will take place. There is also an opportunity to receive free tickets to the event. All the details can be found in the press release below.

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment and The Paley Center for Media proudly present the World Premiere of Justice League: War, the next entry in the popular, ongoing series of DC Universe Animated Original PG-13 Movies, in New York on January 21, 2014. Filmmakers and members of the voice cast will attend the event for red carpet media interviews and a post-screening panel discussion.

On Tuesday, January 21, Justice League: War will screen at the Paley Center in New York City (25 West 52nd Street) at 6:30 p.m. Following the screening, Covert Affairs star Christopher Gorham, who voices The Flash in the film, will lead the panel discussion alongside producer James Tucker, director Jay Oliva and eight-time Emmy Award winning dialogue/casting director Andrea Romano. Additional panelists will be announced as confirmed.

A limited number of free tickets are available to the general public.

Fans wishing to receive free tickets to the New York event on January 21 must RSVP via email to JLWarNY@gmail.com.

The body of all fan RSVP emails MUST include the (1) name of the entrant, (2) valid email address, and (3) name of the media outlet/website by which the entrant learned of the screening. Here?s an example of exactly how the body of the RSVP email should appear:

Barry Allen

Flash@gmail.com

NameOfWebsite.com

Tickets to the event will be distributed on a ?first come, first served? basis, and fans will be notified via email.

About Justice League: War

When the powerful Darkseid and his massive, relentless forces invade Earth, a group of previously unaligned super heroes ? misunderstood and, in some cases, hunted by the authorities ? discover the only way to fend off the attack will be to work together as a cohesive unit. Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Shazam and, in his origin story, Cyborg combine their respective talents in an all-out battle to save the planet. Based on the 2012 graphic novel, ?Justice League: Origin,? by Geoff Johns & Jim Lee, Justice League: War provides a glance into the world before the Justice League was created, and offers the initial animated incarnation of DC Entertainment?s ?The New 52.?

The celebrity laden cast features primetime television stars Jason O?Mara (Terra Nova, Vegas, Life on Mars) as Batman, Christopher Gorham (Covert Affairs) as Flash, Justin Kirk (Weeds) as Green Lantern, Shemar Moore (Criminal Minds) as Cyborg, Michelle Monaghan (Mission Impossible III, Gone Baby Gone) as Wonder Woman, Alan Tudyk (Suburgatory, 42, Serenity) as Superman, Sean Astin (The Lord of the Rings Trilogy) as Shazam, and Rocky Carroll (NCIS) as Silas Stone. On the villainous side, popular voice actor Steve Blum (Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox) provides the voice of Darkseid, and Bruce Thomas (Legally Blonde, Army of Darkness) gives voice to Desaad.

Produced by Warner Premiere, DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation, Justice League: War will be distributed by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment on February 4, 2014.