The nostalgia thread: list your fav cancelled/ended TV shows

Images and IMDB appreciated, there are lots I can post but I'll start with these:

post-2-0-90045500-1374477904.jpg

Lost, Ended after six seasons | IMDB

post-2-0-49842800-1374477902.jpg

Firefly, Cancelled after one season | IMDB

post-2-0-46091900-1374477921.jpg

Stargate Universe, Cancelled after 2 seasons | IMDB

• Like 2

The only one that I can think of that was cancelled before its time is Firefly. However as some people have mentioned, it wouldn't be worth bringing it back now. I'll just have to live with the available episodes and film.

Lost getting cancelled was a good thing, in my opinion. It made for a rubbish ending, but ultimately they lost whatever plot they originally had when they started.

Oh, I know another one!

1.jpg

Now that had potential, I really enjoyed it. Shame they cancelled it after one season. :(

• Like 3

Is it anything like House of Cards? (the one with Kevin Spacey)

I haven't caught house of cards, yet.

Best thing I've seen since The West Wing is The Newsroom, ironically both done by Aaron Sorkin.

I haven't caught house of cards, yet.

Best thing I've seen since The West Wing is The Newsroom, ironically both done by Aaron Sorkin.

I love The Newsroom :) (y) I'll have to give West Wing a look.

> Sliders

There is more but those are the top ones I can remember :p

I used to love that show but it got weird towards the end.

Babylon 5

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105946/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

It had five seasons but the show had to cater to the network so it got messed up a great deal towards the end. A fantastic series and truly my favorite Sci-Fi show ever.

Veronica Mars

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0412253/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Almost peed myself when I realized they were making a movie. Three seasons and another show that got messed up by the network it was on.

Girlfriends

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0247102/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

A show that started off as just another black sitcom on UPN but then turned into so much more. The humor definitely stayed but it covered racism, HIV, dating, marriage, children, etc. The show went seven and a half seasons, ending without a proper finale which was just criminal. One of the main actresses left in season seven and the show started to tank. Instead of bringing her back by any means for the season seven finale (which already seemed like a perfect series finale), they decided to plod on. The writer went on to make one of the worst shows in history (The Game), which is still on TV and reinforces every negative stereotype about the black community.

I only started really watching tv shows a few years back.

Chuck
Leverage

after this season: Burn Notice :(

I'm a sucker for suspend-your-disbelief-spy-shows :P

There's something with Nine Lives of Chloe King from a year (?) ago, though. It was cancelled after its first season but on the last ep, many of the characters got killed. It would have been interesting to see how they continue after that.

The usual:

Firefly

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Veronica Mars (the movie is going to be amazing)

Avatar: The Last Airbender - seriously, when it's on form, no filler, the story is tight, the characters are well written and develop well and the mythology of the show is just insanely huge for a "kids" cartoon.

Digimon!

ST:TNG and spin-offs.

SG-1/A/U

House M.D.

http://thetvdb.com is good for giving decent size banners btw

Camelot (2011) - IMDB

208791-g3.jpg

Ashes To Ashes (2008-10) - IMDB

81253-g8.jpg

Alias (2001-06) - IMDB

75930-g.jpg

Dirty Sexy Money (2007) - IMDB

80593-g3.jpg

Dollhouse (2009-10) - IMDB

82046-g8.jpg

Defying Gravity (2009) - IMDB

104581-g3.jpg

The Wire (2002-08) - IMDB

79126-g16.jpg

Entourage (2004-11) - IMDB

27346-g.jpg

Chuck - What an amazing show this was!

House - great clever show, Hugh is an amazing actor. Although it did end nicely.

The Office - Light hearted, funny show however once Steve Carell left, it wasn't as great.

I'm sure there are many more, if I think of them I'll add them in.