PS4 continually records the last 15 minutes of gameplay, Sony clarifies

So, how is recording 15 instead of 5 minutes not a good thing? Seems like it will make cutting together a highlight reel that much easier.

the Xbox automatically saves all your highlights anyway. 

So really you're insecure about something being better/higher/longer on Sony's console.

sigh... 

Is there even any point in my trying to point out the flaws in your arguments, it's not like you're going to listen anyway. after all. everything Sony does is perfect right ? I wouldn't be surprised if MS changes it to 15 minutes before launch as well, since it's a very easy straight forward fix, it's basically just changing one setting in the OS, there are however severeal reason why I don't think it's a good idea. Especially if they ever allow longer clips. 

A feature on either console I have absolutely no interest in ever using, a complete and utter waste of time

-T- doesn't want it...  Microsoft and Sony, quick! better scrap it!

So how exactly does this work in either console? I thought the 15/5min thing was useful only if you forget to start recording but once you do, you can record as long as the HD allows?

It's good that both consoles have it...

The question I have is, this if I click the share button on the PS4 does it stop my game or does it capture in the background?

Same with saying Xbox Record that, does it capture in the background or pause my game?

This is key for a NBA 2K junkie like me.  Or anyone who plays sports games.  You don't want to break the flow in those types of games...