It's a Boy, for Prince William & Duchhess Kate

Here's a official picture of the royal baby. Let the hell begin :laugh:

post-455563-0-12331100-1374539594.jpg

Speaking of global conflicts... so if Iran attempts to steal all the sand from Aussies, wachootoo and wachati tribes collectively decide to invade New Zealand using magic totem poles and Pan Asian Coalition occupies USA using nuclear katyushas, and then aims them at Canada, good old East India Company will have to help everybody out of that mess? Well, that's reassuring, good to know. Unless, as per Godwin's Law, Hitler's Spirit arises and stomps straight to Dover in his power armor wielding samurai sword...

Unless these are really stupidly ridiculous examples and most armed conflicts these days could do so much better without G8 trying to heatbutt everybody else into submission.

On that note, congrats to Tom and Helena, from Dagenham, East London. They're having a boy, too. Probably. And he's better looking.

^ Appalling that most people don't want to bother to say so. ;)

I'm positive they got a generous amount of 'congrats'. More so than most normal folk times a few million, I'd bet.

Yes, congrats to Kate and William, the baby will grow up in the best environment imaginable with people to help all the time. 

I'm positive they got a generous amount of 'congrats'. More so than most normal folk times a few million, I'd bet.

Just like Kylie Minogue did when she was admitted for Breast Cancer. (get well wishes from UK residents, I mean)

God you're really bitter about this. It'll blow over in a few weeks, sheesh.

I second that. I wish them all the best.

I third that, congratulations from Malaysia  :) .

Scirwode

Just like Kylie Minogue did when she was admitted for Breast Cancer. (get well wishes from UK residents, I mean)

God you're really bitter about this. It'll blow over in a few weeks, sheesh.

I'm pretty bitter, yes. It will have a pretty darn good life and people are concerned it's not getting enough praise? It's like in School when you always do good but they reward the troublemakers instead for being like you for one week. It's frustrating.

Also, having breast cancer is slightly different.....

It's like in School when you always do good but they reward the troublemakers instead for being like you for one week.

Except here, you are the troublemaker.

Why is the media so deeply obsessed with the Royal family in the first place? I just really don't understand the fascination. They are human beings like everyone else.

Meanwhile, one in five kids in the UK live in poverty.

I suppose my 6-year-old is supposed to bow in the presence of this fellow human? Not going to happen.

Except here, you are the troublemaker.

I don't think you have an understanding of what constitutes a troublemaker. One person disagreeing with most does not a troublemaker make, a troll perhaps, which I wasn't being. Also, I conceded to you, yet here you stand, attacking who I am (again); that is a troublemaker.

Why is the media so deeply obsessed with the Royal family in the first place? I just really don't understand the fascination. They are human beings like everyone else.

exactly. Luckily from the French perspective we just laugh and say "wow, these Brits still think they are something? how cute". Common Wealth legacy that just won't die.

Because, on the whole, the general public is embarrassingly apathetic to the whole thing, and it is up to the media create the verisimilitude of this being a significant event, pertinent to the lives of the proles.

I suppose my 6-year-old is supposed to bow in the presence of this fellow human? Not going to happen.

No, the days of bowing to Royalty as a general etiquette are long gone.  Nice that you suppose it though :)

One person disagreeing with most does not a troublemaker make, a troll perhaps

See second post...

yet here you stand, attacking who I am (again)

Your analogy was very much flawed.  In that analogy, your actions displayed in said post would suggest that you are the troublemaker.  If you don't like being corrected, don't post nonsense.

They are icons of power.  People seem obsessed with power.  However they can also be an inspiration, a rallying cry for well placed patriotism.  Finally, where America leads, the world follows - and America loves icons more than anyone.

Because, on the whole, the general public is embarrassingly apathetic to the whole thing, and it is up to the media create the verisimilitude of this being a significant event, pertinent to the lives of the proles.

So very true.

Common Wealth legacy that just won't die.

Because it still spans a large percentage of the globe.  The fact it "won't die" shows exactly why it IS still something!

exactly. Luckily from the French perspective we just laugh and say "wow, these Brits still think they are something? how cute". Common Wealth legacy that just won't die.

Ok, so what happened to the French Royal Families again?

Your analogy was very much flawed.  In that analogy, your actions displayed in said post would suggest that you are the troublemaker.  If you don't like being corrected, don't post nonsense.

Sigh.

Ok, so what happened to the French Royal Families again?

Eventually they became useless in the course of true democracy and human rights, hence why France cast the useless lot of them. Monaco is still a good example of French Royalty; but the difference is that they are legitimately in true power, have created a tax haven for countless year now and have actual uses in running the country other than let's say Tourist garbage such as tea cups, plates, pictures and other nonsense. French royalty in Monaco is the real deal my main man. They aren't simply a bunch of plastic dolls waving about in public :D

Eventually they became useless in the course of true democracy and human rights, hence why France cast the useless lot of them. Monaco is still a good example of French Royalty; but the difference is that they are legitimately in true power, have created a tax haven for countless year now and have actual uses in running the country other than let's say Tourist garbage such as tea cups, plates, pictures and other nonsense. French royalty in Monaco is the real deal my main man. They aren't simply a bunch of plastic dolls waving about in public :D

riiiiiiiight

No, the days of bowing to Royalty as a general etiquette are long gone.  Nice that you suppose it though :)

See second post...

They are icons of power.  People seem obsessed with power.  However they can also be an inspiration, a rallying cry for well placed patriotism.  Finally, where America leads, the world follows - and America loves icons more than anyone.

So very true.

Because it still spans a large percentage of the globe.  The fact it "won't die" shows exactly why it IS still something!

The common wealth doesn't span a large majority of the world, that is a made up fallacy to hype the importance of their... well non importance. And you ask any Aussi or Canadian what they really think of the Common Wealth, well let's just say some of those words can't be mentioned on this forum :D

riiiiiiiight

yeeees. Aw don't be sad :D

I'm not sad, just don't want to go off topic, this was supposed to be a congratulation thread

The common wealth doesn't span a large majority of the world, that is a made up fallacy to hype the importance of their... well non importance. And you ask any Aussi or Canadian what they really think of the Common Wealth, well let's just say some of those words can't be mentioned on this forum :D

yeeees. Aw don't be sad :D

I'm not sad, just don't want to go off topic, this was supposed to be a congratulation thread

No you are right, let's leave it at that then. No need to make people aware of anything now  :shifty:  Congrats on the little boy, hope he inspire a generation of tea cups, plates and tourist filled brochures :D  :rofl: