Photo

Kevin Rose throws a raccoon down the stairs!

video

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#46 TsMkLg068426

TsMkLg068426

Neowinian

• 363 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 17:34

damn people,  what is wrong with your perception?    there was no second throw!  its just second camera view!   come on! it should be obvious.

otherwise, i agree

Sorry, you are right just another different camera view showing him throw the raccoon no need to get mad, I made a mistake.

#47 Scroogled

Scroogled

Neowinian

• 228 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 17:44

Or the raccoon would have bitten him as he was trying to free the dog.  

Raccoons and dogs don't have opposable thumbs. There's not much to separating two small mammals. Lifting the raccoon easily separated the two animals, so he could have done the same picking up his dog and kicking the raccoon away simultaneously.

As you can also see from the second camera angle, there was an open gate to the left. That's how the raccoon entered that area in the first place. If anything, he could have easily thrown the animal to the left and then closed the gate. His throwing the raccoon down the stairs and then immediately running down the stairs shows an intent to kill the animal, despite his saying that he doesn't encourage animal violence.

#48 TsMkLg068426

TsMkLg068426

Neowinian

• 363 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 18:01

Raccoons and dogs don't have opposable thumbs. There's not much to separating two small mammals. Lifting the raccoon easily separated the two animals, so he could have done the same picking up his dog and kicking the raccoon away simultaneously.

As you can also see from the second camera angle, there was an open gate to the left. That's how the raccoon entered that area in the first place. If anything, he could have easily thrown the animal to the left and then closed the gate. His throwing the raccoon down the stairs and then immediately running down the stairs shows an intent to kill the animal, despite his saying that he doesn't encourage animal violence.

It was at the moment situation, do you understand?  Kevin probably panicked and I am pretty sure he was freaked out by the raccoon himself also.  So what you are saying because he does not encourage violence towards animals he has no right to defend himself and his dog from a violent animal?  This sounds like Kevin was George Zimmerman and the raccoon was Treyvon Martin I guess you can never defend yourself even from a violent animal.  Sorry, but you need to understand the difference being cruel to a innocent animal or protecting yourself from a violent animal.

#49 +Bryan R.

Bryan R.

Neowinian Senior

• 4,607 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 18:13

Does your imagination really suck that bad you can't put yourself in a panic state of mind?

Also, yes, raccoons do have opposable thumbs. Some people should really just stop being armchair judgementalists.

#50 OP +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 26,442 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 18:19

Not sure why this is posted under "JOKES"   

did we not have a thread about it already.... and this is not fit for jokes

was it best decision? probably not. did it take balls and was it worth it to save your dog? most likely yes!

still.. not a jokes post

Well, I do laugh out loud every time I watch it.

#51 gameboy1977

gameboy1977

Neowinian

• 960 posts
  • Phone: Windows Phone 8

Posted 23 July 2013 - 18:35

I saw one person who says bad word on that youtube, so there are so many of his comments on youtube. it keep spamming on that same youtube. this person named Marylandboy 1001, and you will check there.

#52 Scroogled

Scroogled

Neowinian

• 228 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 18:37

Does your imagination really suck that bad you can't put yourself in a panic state of mind?

Also, yes, raccoons do have opposable thumbs. Some people should really just stop being armchair judgementalists.

Did you fail biology? Only primates have opposable thumbs. I don't doubt that he panicked, but he should admit that his intent was the kill the raccoon.

#53 +Bryan R.

Bryan R.

Neowinian Senior

• 4,607 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 18:41

Did you fail biology? Only primates have opposable thumbs. I don't doubt that he panicked, but he should admit that his intent was the kill the raccoon.

I looked into it, apparently it's a myth that I never heard otherwise but their "thumb" is able to grip and turn which is where the myth comes from. Oh well. It hardly matters. Do you really think it's relevant to ask if a creature has opposable thumbs before deciding how to save your dog?

You are being overly dramatic about the well being of the raccoon. There is no way it would have gotten seriously hurt being tossed.

#54 Scroogled

Scroogled

Neowinian

• 228 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 18:47

It was at the moment situation, do you understand?  Kevin probably panicked and I am pretty sure he was freaked out by the raccoon himself also.  So what you are saying because he does not encourage violence towards animals he has no right to defend himself and his dog from a violent animal?  This sounds like Kevin was George Zimmerman and the raccoon was Treyvon Martin I guess you can never defend yourself even from a violent animal.  Sorry, but you need to understand the difference being cruel to a innocent animal or protecting yourself from a violent animal.

Spare me the "right to defend himself" ######. When is it ever about "rights" when it comes to animals? My point is that he intended to kill the raccoon when he threw it down the stairs. He shouldn't be sugar-coating his actions with "I don't condone animal violence". If he had any balls he would have said, "My dog is my family, and I'll kill anyone or anything that tries to hurt him." and leave it at that.

I looked into it, apparently it's a myth that I never heard otherwise but their "thumb" is able to grip and turn which is where the myth comes from. Oh well. It hardly matters. Do you really think it's relevant to ask if a creature has opposable thumbs before deciding how to save your dog?

You are being overly dramatic about the well being of the raccoon. There is no way it would have gotten seriously hurt being tossed.

Are you ######ing serious? The raccoon was thrown down a set of concrete steps. There was an open gate just a couple feet to his left that he chose not to use.

#55 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• 14,859 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 18:50

Well, I do laugh out loud every time I watch it.

Yup!  I'm like OMG poor racoon, ***** ass dog :p

I'll just leave this here for you two.

raccoon.gif

Mm_Hand.jpg

Also, I WOULD probably try to get my god I mean dog first and just kick the racoon away, but i've seen those mofo racoons angry and They can be a real danger so, my dogs safety would be first :p

#56 +Bryan R.

Bryan R.

Neowinian Senior

• 4,607 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 18:53

Spare me the "right to defend himself" bull****. When is it ever about "rights" when it comes to animals? My point is that he intended to kill the raccoon when he threw it down the stairs. He shouldn't be sugar-coating his actions with "I don't condone animal violence". If he had any balls he would have said, "My dog is my family, and I'll kill anyone or anything that tries to hurt him." and leave it at that.

Are you ****ing serious? The raccoon was thrown down a set of concrete steps. There was an open gate just a couple feet to his left that he chose not to use.

If he wanted to kill it, would it not be more lethal to slam it directly to the ground? There is limited "choosing" in a split second reaction. That's why I told you your imagination must really suck or you have no empathy at all.

#57 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

• 6,659 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S/Nexus 5

Posted 23 July 2013 - 19:01

If you guys watched/listened to the latest TWiT, Kevin clearly states his intentions. He just wanted to protect his dog Toaster. Anyone stating his intentions to harm the raccoon is misinformed, and should just STFU. :)

#58 Scroogled

Scroogled

Neowinian

• 228 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 19:06

If he wanted to kill it, would it not be more lethal to slam it directly to the ground? There is limited "choosing" in a split second reaction. That's why I told you your imagination must really suck or you have no empathy at all.

Let's see. Slamming something down from a height of 6 feet or slamming something down from a height of 6 feet down to the bottom of a stairwell. What do you think is more lethal?

As for my "imagination", I imagine that this moron let his dog out at 1:00am to investigate because it was barking, thus putting his dog in danger. I also imagine he carelessly left his gate open so wild animals can get into the stairwell in the first place. How's that for imagination?

If you guys watched/listened to the latest TWiT, Kevin clearly states his intentions. He just wanted to protect his dog Toaster. Anyone stating his intentions to harm the raccoon is misinformed, and should just STFU. :)

Did he state why he allowed the dog to be outside at 1:00am? Or why the gate to the stairwell was left wide open?

#59 +Bryan R.

Bryan R.

Neowinian Senior

• 4,607 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 19:08

Let's see. Slamming something down from a height of 6 feet or slamming something down from a height of 6 feet down to the bottom f a stairwell. What do you think is more lethal?

As for my "imagination", I imagine that this moron let his dog out at 1:00am to investigate because it was barking, thus putting his dog in danger. I also imagine he carelessly left his gate open so wild animals can get into the stairwell in the first place. How's that for imagination?

Air resistance would slow the raccoon especially at that angle the drop would be less lethal than a direct, full force slam to the ground almost certainly causing brain damage. The "intent" is not there. It's pretty clear.

What you call imagination, I call completely irrelevant assumptions.

#60 vcfan

vcfan

Doing the Humpty Dance

• 5,024 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 19:17

raccoons are small bears or giant rats??? I think a bit of both. they can be dangerous,as they've attacked and killed people before. they also can carry some serious diseases, especially if they have rabies.

and whoever feeds them is a goddamn idiot.