'Fight Club' to get comic book sequel, confirms Chuck Palahniuk

3JGC5.png

Chuck Palahniuk has confirmed plans for a sequel to his hit novel Fight Club.

The author announced the plans during a panel at San Diego Comic-Con last week and later confirmed details in an email to the chuckpalahniuk.net website.

"About the graphic novel, it's true. Chelsea Cain has been introducing me to artists and creators from Marvel, DC and Dark Horse, and they're walking me through the process," said Palahniuk.

"It will likely be a series of books that update the story ten years after the seeming end of Tyler Durden. Nowadays, Tyler is telling the story, lurking inside Jack, and ready to launch a come-back."

He added: "Jack is oblivious. Marla is bored. Their marriage has run aground on the rocky coastline of middle-aged suburban boredom.

"It's only when their little boy disappears, kidnapped by Tyler, that Jack is dragged back into the world of Mayhem. It will, of course, be dark and messy."

Palahniuk said that contractual obligations will delay the release, but the serialised graphic novel medium may result in a launch earlier than 2015 - though no specific publishers will be contacted until the story is completed.

Fight Club was released in 1996 and adapted into an award-winning 1999 movie starring Brad Pitt as Tyler Durden, Edward Norton as Jack and Helena Bonham Carter as Marla.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/comics/news/a500451/fight-club-to-get-comic-book-sequel-confirms-chuck-palahniuk.html

"Jack is oblivious. Marla is bored. Their marriage has run aground on the rocky coastline of middle-aged suburban boredom"

Such a Palahniukesque line. I love it.