Pushy train passengers free woman

TOKYO (AP) -- Dozens of Japanese train passengers pushed a 32-ton train carriage away from the platform to free a woman who had fallen into the 20-centimeter (eight-inch) gap between the train and platform during the busy morning rush hour Monday.

The act of heroism was captured by a newspaper photographer, whose photo of the rescue ran in the Yomiuri daily's evening edition.

A public announcement that a passenger was trapped prompted about 40 people to join train officials to push the carriage, whose suspension system allows it to lean to either side, according to the Yomiuri newspaper, Japan's largest daily.

The unnamed woman in her 30s was then pulled out uninjured to applause from onlookers at JR Minami-Urawa station, just north of Tokyo.

After just an eight-minute delay, the train went on its way.

source

post-37120-0-71392100-1374590958.jpg

that is a great story, i wish there was more news like that rather than all the depressing news that always infiltrates news papers and whatnot.

that is a great story, i wish there was more news like that rather than all the depressing news that always infiltrates news papers and whatnot.

I hear ya. Wouldn't it be nice to have a channel dedicated in focusing on more positive things in life--like a "good news channel?"

I hear ya. Wouldn't it be nice to have a channel dedicated in focusing on more positive things in life--like a "good news channel?"

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/ :p

It's not a channel, but I figured there would at least be a website dedicated to positive news.

figured those carriages would be A LOT heavier that.

According to the article, it's "suspension system allows it to lean to either side." Plus, even things as heavy as a train can be tilted fairly easily if they're very well balanced.

• Like 1