10-guy-meme-subway-order.jpg

3qlwty.jpg

#17 Rippleman

Rippleman

Neowinian Senior

• 3,996 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 23:58

doesn't

From the perspective of a teen, this is something that only effects him. Whether something only effects you or not is a very subjective determination.

A lot of this has to do with expecting more from kids than they're capable of, and punishing kids like adults instead of like kids.

Kids shouldn't be allowed to work in restaurants without constant adult supervision. The responsibility of ensuring that the kids don't do something stupid lies with the adult on the scene, and the restaurant, not the kids.

This is as much Subway's fault as the kid's. That's the expense of extremely cheap teen labor, and they're paying it.

doesn't appear they are actually "teens" but rather men.... guessing 21-26 of age... are you suggesting they "didn't know what they were doing?" even at that age? I still would sue.

#18 chrisj1968

chrisj1968

copyrighted!! ©

• 4,460 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 00:13

some people just don't give a damn anymore. anything goes!

tumblr_lo6o70KBpe1qane72.gif

#19 thomastmc

thomastmc

Unofficial Attorney of Neowin

• 1,329 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 928

Posted 24 July 2013 - 00:21

doesn't appear they are actually "teens" but rather men.... guessing 21-26 of age... are you suggesting they "didn't know what they were doing?" even at that age? I still would sue.

You're right and I apologize. I assumed that they were teens and was wrong.

Suing is an overly convenient response, especially these days, but you'd likely get nothing in any case. It's frivolous. Subway could've been sued though if he had served that bread.

http://www.cbsnews.c...62-4262705.html

#20 Shiranui

Shiranui

Iconoclast

• 4,110 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 00:24

Maybe he was comparing his 5 inch with the foot-long ...

5-inch? I think you're being generous.

#21 Rippleman

Rippleman

Neowinian Senior

• 3,996 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 00:32

You're right and I apologize. I assumed that they were teens and was wrong.

Suing is an overly convenient response, especially these days, but you'd likely get nothing in any case. It's frivolous. Subway could've been sued though if he had served that bread.

http://www.cbsnews.c...62-4262705.html

i called them kids in the begining too based on their actions, had to Google a bit before i seen their photos... just young immature punks is all...

#22 thomastmc

thomastmc

• 1,329 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:47

i called them kids in the begining too based on their actions, had to Google a bit before i seen their photos... just young immature punks is all...

I was half cocked and all fired up with no place to go on that one :)

It's almost always teens that do this stuff, and it didn't even occur to me that they might not be until you asked the question. I read through a few different publications of the story, and didn't find their ages, but they always referred to him as "the man". After looking at some posts on social media (probably the same as you saw) they were obviously like you said, probably in their early to mid 20's. And yes, they should have totally known better.

#23 Sandor

Sandor

Neowinian Senior

• 3,995 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:55

"Sandwich Artist"

Wise the fk up.

#24 Albert

Albert

Neowinian Senior

• 1,530 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:23

wish more idiots like these would go on twitter and facebook. makes the human gene pool cleaner. plus, they are good for some cheap laughs. lmao.

#25 arachnoid

arachnoid

A day without sunshine is like night.

• 4,706 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:29

I guess he will always be remembered by the name Dick [both connotations] from now on

#26 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 16,085 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:47

"Sandwich Artist"

Wise the fk up.

Well, it's a step up from burger flipper, at least! :p

#27 Rohdekill

Rohdekill

Neowinian Senior

• 3,640 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:02

If we started suing dumb teens 20-30 years ago for everything they did that was stupid, everyone on this forum would be broke, including me. If you can't think of one thing you did that was stupid when you were a teen, you're an amnesiac victim.

This is a classic example of "look at them, but don't look at me".

Flip side of the coin, if you owned this franchise, it will probably lose tens of thousands dollars in sales due to his actions. He needs to compensate the establishment for its loss.  People need to be responsible for their actions and the effects of those actions.  

We have all done stupid things.  But not which cause great financial loss to others.

#28 XerXis

XerXis

Neowinian Senior

• 5,096 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:05

sandwich artist? really?

#29 AR556

AR556

Neowinian Senior

• 5,755 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:16

I'm not much on survellance, but I'd be all for cameras being a requirement in every public restaruant in the country. Way too much of this crap going on and it needs to be taken seriously!

#30 thomastmc

thomastmc

• 1,329 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:21

Flip side of the coin, if you owned this franchise, it will probably lose tens of thousands dollars in sales due to his actions. He needs to compensate the establishment for its loss. People need to be responsible for their actions and the effects of those actions.

We have all done stupid things. But not which cause great financial loss to others.

If these were teens, I'd say that you'd better understand that's the risk you take as an employer who employs kids. They may do something childish that hurts your brand.

Since they're not teens, I'll just remind you that there is no legal recourse for the restaurant in this case. In a case where employees knowingly served feces and urine to police officers' families and there was a successful lawsuit against the restaurant, Taco Bell/KFC, the guilty employee wasn't even fired for it, let alone sued. Although he did receive a $100 fine for breaking some health code/law in Nebraska.

Edit --> There was no feces in that case above, it was spit and urine. It was a mistake of association, as the story is about Taco Bell :)