47 Ronin (2013)

I'm liking it.  Anyone know the music that plays around the 1:49 mark?

I think it's terrible. It's The Last Samurai 2: NOW WITH DRAGONS! Even The Man with the Iron Fists looked better as an Asian themed movie than this. Also it reminds me a LOT of 300.

If they made an adaptation in the style of Hero or even The Battle of Red Cliff (the unofficial Dynasty Warriors movie John Woo made) then it would be OK. This looks like taking a good story, putting an american spin onto it and adding a ton of CGI to spice it up. A bit like Constantine, although that movie had some redeeming qualities and could've been quite good, even on a DC's.

Did you guys see the lightsaber? Well Lightana? haha

Lol, that was just the reflection of light. Looked pretty cool though!

Keanu needs to return to the world of Constantine :yes:

But without an idiot like Francis Lawrence at the helm. I shudder to think what he will do to the Hunger Games. Constantine would be various orders of magnitude better if they expanded on the lore behind the story and actions instead of Rachel Weisz showing some skin. Like explaining why Balthazar was getting hurt so much with those knuckle dusters (they were made from gold that was blessed during the first crusade). Those were the best parts of the film and the ending was wide open for a sequel.

But without an idiot like Francis Lawrence at the helm. I shudder to think what he will do to the Hunger Games. Constantine would be various orders of magnitude better if they expanded on the lore behind the story and actions instead of Rachel Weisz showing some skin. Like explaining why Balthazar was getting hurt so much with those knuckle dusters (they were made from gold that was blessed during the first crusade). Those were the best parts of the film and the ending was wide open for a sequel.

There was meant to be a sequel but apparently it was always in developmental hell :(

• 1 month later...

Got proof?

Bloody hell, I should not post with very low blood sugar. I had so many errors in my statement that it is embarrassing, lmao. No, I do not have proof of that.

*Sigh* Time to eat. :P

• Like 3