• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 24 July 2013 - 15:03

Hi Guys,

So when I setup 8.1 and it asks to link to an MS account i used my company email address (its a company laptop) with little thought to it. However what i didn't think about was that this would setup a SkyDrive account and that I wouldnt be able to put in my personal email address as that has a mixture of work and personal stuff in there. 

I know I can just login to the web portal and manually download but I would prefer to have this setup the way I want it and the lack of desktop app and functions in the metro app means it seems impossible to switch the account it can use, does anyone know of a way I can do this or am I just going to have to download it and copy it into my new SkyDrive?

#2 Dashel

Dashel

Disgustipator

Posted 24 July 2013 - 15:09

Just create a new user with your personal MS account and switch as needed (or simply replace).  Account switching of Live accounts is unfortunately going away.

#3 siah1214

siah1214

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 24 July 2013 - 15:19

Sign out of your live account (local only)

Open the store, it will prompt you to sign into a Microsoft account, select "Sign into apps individually (not recommended)"

This allows you to sign into all of your apps using different logins. 

#4 OP Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 24 July 2013 - 15:21

Just create a new user with your personal MS account and switch as needed (or simply replace).  Account switching of Live accounts is unfortunately going away.

Yeah I know I could do that, i'm just being lazy and was hoping I could do this differently.

Sign out of your live account (local only)

Open the store, it will prompt you to sign into a Microsoft account, select "Sign into apps individually (not recommended)"

This allows you to sign into all of your apps using different logins. 

I'm signed into my laptop with a domain account, not live so unless I have miss-understood this, i don't think this is possible.