Google's Android & Chrome Breakfast

New Nexus 7 - matches all the leaks shown earlier in regards to looks and specs.

- New thing - 4G LTE - 1 SKU for all US carriers, AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon.

Android 4.3 Time

First news - OTA Starts today!

Includes Bluetooth AVRCP support and new DRM APIs. Netflix already onboard.

Android 4.3 Time

First news - OTA Starts today!

Includes Bluetooth AVRCP support and new DRM APIs. Netflix already onboard.

Yup, and soon available for a bunch of ROMs/rooted devices as well.  :)

Just got back from lunch. They said 4.3 starting today? Hopefully they'll push for the Google Editions soon!

Chrome Cast looks pretty nice. 

Chromecast looks great. Hope I can purchase it in England :/

Send me a check and i will mail you one  ;)

not bad $35 for the HDMI ChromeCast device.

Yea, may have to pic one up.

Sweet, I have been waiting for a device like ChromeCast for a while... sadly, only available in USA for now :( Dammit Google!!

I'm waiting for it to show up on Amazon then I'll grab one to play with. Might give it to my parents. I don't think it would be as useful for me since I have a full computer hooked into every TV in my house. :laugh:

I'm waiting for it to show up on Amazon then I'll grab one to play with. Might give it to my parents. I don't think it would be as useful for me since I have a full computer hooked into every TV in my house. :laugh:

Its available on play.  I just ordered one.  My TV has a  Netflix app but isnt updated at all.  XBOX is ok...but would be nice to control everything from my laptop/phone.

Doesnt ship until August 2nd tho. 

Its available on play.  I just ordered one.  My TV has a  Netflix app but isnt updated at all.  XBOX is ok...but would be nice to control everything from my laptop/phone.

Doesnt ship until August 2nd tho. 

I'll take my Amazon Prime free shipping, haha. They said it should be up today.

Why is the video marked as private?  :(

I'm guessing because that was the live video and it's over. Should be on Youtube as a replay soon.

So is this a standalone device that essentially turns your TV into a Chromebook?

Only certain content like YouTube and Netflix are streaming to the TV.  You'll still need a host device like a Nexus 7.

Only certain content like YouTube and Netflix are streaming to the TV.  You'll still need a host device like a Nexus 7.

Ah, I see. Even so, sounds pretty handy!

So is this a standalone device that essentially turns your TV into a Chromebook?

No, it's a device for streaming to your TV. Plugs into HDMI, connects to wireless, then you send it whatever video data you want to display on the screen. Same thing a bunch of other devices and technologies do, but for $35 and plug and play it's probably the best simple implementation so far.

I'll take my Amazon Prime free shipping, haha. They said it should be up today.

Still may but shop until August 2nd from amazon. Is figure if Google doesn't ship that quick, Amazon won't. Probably taking orders now and will ship when product is available. Who knows. I am patient... :-)

There is a developer sdk so more features will probably be coming.

If you buy the Chromecast now, you get 3 months of Netflix free. Great deal, since that's $24 right there. I guess I'll cancel my Netflix subscription for 3 months lol. 

My TV has much of this functionality built in, but it looks like Chromecast will do a better job of it, and have more features. Can't argue with the price either.

Looks like I'll be upgrading my nexus 7 too.

Gotta love the times we live in, so much great stuff coming our way :D