Photo

$122,000 Bentley Wrecked in Car Wash Crash

england manchester police massive rose royce

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• 11,576 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 15:25

I value my time over my money, as such I pay people to do tasks like these.  Does it take away from me being a car owner in any way?  Hell no, it means I tend to have a nice shiny car to get into.

That's great, and I'm glad for you, personally, I like when I've finished to just look at my car shining for a few minutes, and think to myself, damn I'm good :)

#17 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 16,017 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 15:31

That's great, and I'm glad for you, personally, I like when I've finished to just look at my car shining for a few minutes, and think to myself, damn I'm good :)

I'd do the same, if it were possible. However, for me to do it, it's a bucket and sponge job, with a 2 minute walk each way for fresh water.

Yeah, not doing that!

I go to a local hand car wash place where they have it set up like a conveyor. You stop at the first guy and he washes your wheels, next guy jetwashes the car, next guys rinses it, next guy dries it with proper shammy leather, next guy waxes it, and the last guy vacuums the interior and cleans your dash and upholstery. :p

#18 jamieakers

jamieakers

Neowinian

• 510 posts
  • Phone: Dell Venue Pro

Posted 25 July 2013 - 15:36

I spend a few hours on mine and clay it periodically.  I'm pleased with it given it's 12 years old now.

clayed2.jpg

#19 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,179 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 15:48

That's great, and I'm glad for you, personally, I like when I've finished to just look at my car shining for a few minutes, and think to myself, damn I'm good

And if I had 3 hours spare (when I DO clean my car, I do it well) then great, but I don't.  So does it (in your view) detract from being a proud owner?

#20 c.grz

c.grz

Neowinian

• 1,232 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 25 July 2013 - 15:59

I'm guessing the owner of the Bentley is either too rich to care or their time is worth so much that it's cheaper to have someone else wash the car than do it themselves.

That may be true but the end result is you now have a vehicle with a major accident on its title which has a very adverse effect on the value of the car. I would rather just be safe and do it myself.

You're talking about a Bentlely; not a Chevy.  It'll get scrapped and the owner will be given a new one.

#21 ahhell

ahhell

Neowinian Senior

• 8,896 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 16:12

Rich people problems.

:rofl:

#22 Buttus

Buttus

Neowinian Senior

• 3,347 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 16:31

for some reason, the scene from 'fast times at ridgemont high' popped into my head...

jeff spicoli saying "I can fix it!"

#23 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 17:29

You're talking about a Bentlely; not a Chevy.  It'll get scrapped and the owner will be given a new one.

Fair enough, but eventually I will own a 458 Spider and unless I am rich when I do it and not just medium income, you can be damn sure I won't be that careless, let alone be able to just go out and buy another.

#24 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 18:06

If that had been my car I would have probably sat down and had a good cry. 

#25 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,179 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 18:53

I'm guessing the owner of the Bentley is either too rich to care or their time is worth so much that it's cheaper to have someone else wash the car than do it themselves.

This.  The only person that sets a cost/time value on my time is me.  As such, my time is way more valuable than the cost of having it cleaned.  I know people who think differently of their own time, obviously :)

#26 ncoday

ncoday

Neowinian

• 1,187 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 19:17

I realize that but it doesn't change anything. When I say hand wash it, I mean hand wash your own car. If this accident happened in the USA, you would have to pay out of your own pocket to fix it since insurance doesn't cover someone else driving your car.

Not necessarily, it depends on your insurance carrier, there is not a universal US law that says this woman would be SOL if she was in the US.

#27 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

• 11,576 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 21:59

And if I had 3 hours spare (when I DO clean my car, I do it well) then great, but I don't.  So does it (in your view) detract from being a proud owner?

When did I say that?

Now look, I've said this many times in many threads on this site, what you do with your things (and now in this instance, your time) is your business

Do I think it detracts from being a proud owner, no, but even I can be too busy to clean my car, that doesn't mean I don't make (and by this I mean get whatever I need doing done) time to do chores like this, just like I make time to spend with my children on a daily basis.

#28 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,179 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 22:01

When did I say that?

Whoah, hold your shootin Tex.  I never said you did.  I asked your opinion...

#29 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

• 11,576 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 22:06

Whoah, hold your shootin Tex.  I never said you did.  I asked your opinion...

I apologise

#30 Marshall

Marshall

▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅

• 12,756 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 22:10

A person that has that kind of dough to shell out for a Bentley should have some spare cash to have a reputable company come out to his house and hand wash it properly.