15 replies to this topic

#1 John Callaham

John Callaham

Neowinian

• 657 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 21:09

Planned Xbox One launch title Kinect Sports Rivals delayed to spring 2014
by John Callaham

When Microsoft officially ships its Xbox One console to stores and pre-orders sometime in November, it will have one less launch title than originally planned. The company has confirmed that Kinect Sports Rivals, from Microsoft's in-house studio Rare, won't be a part of the Xbox One game launch lineup after all.

Polygon reports that, according to a statement from Microsoft, Kinect Sports Rivals will now be released for the Xbox One sometime in the spring of 2014. Microsoft claims that Rare need more time to polish the game and thus the decision was made to push the game's release back from its previous Day One launch availability.

Kinect Sports Rivals is the latest game in Rare's Kinect Sports series, which first debuted on the Xbox 360 alongside the Kinect add-on in 2010. The new Xbox One exclusive game is being designed to be a showcase for what the new Kinect sensor hardware can do, so the fact that Kinect Sports Rivals won't make the launch date of the Xbox One has to be considered a disappointment in terms of Microsoft's planned launch of the console.

The game itself will have six sports to choose from (rock climbing, jetski racing, soccer, target shooting, bowling and tennis) and it will have features such as Shadow technology, where the game actually learns how you play and sets up an avatar with AI matched to your play style for competing against Xbox One friends when you are not able to play.

Source: Polygon

#2 Zangai

Zangai

Neowinian

• 11 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920 with Windows Phone 8

Posted 25 July 2013 - 22:19

Awww shucks! I was just looking forward to the rock Climbing thing. And thats not even sarcasm. Guess Watch_Dogs will have to keep me busy then ;)

#3 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,657 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:57

Hopefully this is because of Microsoft's new found respect for gamers and decided to get Rare to develop a true Banjo Kazooie game... one can dream :laugh:

#4 +TCLN Ryster

TCLN Ryster

Evil Teddy Rules!

• 5,505 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:05

That's a shame indeed. Kinect Sports is a family favourite at Christmas time, and I'll have the X1 and sold my 360 by then.  No Kinect Sports this year I guess.  I hope there's at least one other party-style game on the X1 that will be available.

#5 glen8

glen8

Neowinian

• 685 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:13

oh great!!!!

Can this launch get any worse

My young kids were really looking forward to this at Christmas

#6 Yogurtmaster

Yogurtmaster

Neowinian

• 1,225 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:17

To be honest, I would rather have this game than Banjo.  With the new Kinect 2.0 and it's accuracy, this should be a blast.

It also sounds like it's going to use a Forza like "Driveatar" feature with the Shadow technology.

Here is an example of how powerful the new Kinect is...

"As a testament to Kinect 2.0, he says a member of the team created a demo where users could accurately
sign their names in the air with a finger from four meters (13 Feet) away.
That became Kinect Sports Rivals' target-shooting game.

Burton wrapped up by showing the face-scanning tech, which creates a caricature of a player's face,
complete with silly exaggerated expressions. Scanning a face takes about 20 seconds
."

Source:

http://www.gameinfor...ndex=2#comments

#7 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,657 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:05

To be honest, I would rather have this game than Banjo.  With the new Kinect 2.0 and it's accuracy, this should be a blast.

It also sounds like it's going to use a Forza like "Driveatar" feature with the Shadow technology.

The Driveatar feature i believe just learns your driving style and then picks a suitable AI to go against from the cloud.

#8 Yogurtmaster

Yogurtmaster

Neowinian

• 1,225 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:42

The Driveatar feature i believe just learns your driving style and then picks a suitable AI to go against from the cloud.

Well, the Drivatar feature allows the same thing as this.  Your driving style is recorded, sent up to the server and while you are offline it plays other people that are suitable.  So, even if you are not playing online it allows you to play.  So, it's like a fake A.I. using human abilities. 

#9 Rudy

Rudy

Neowinian Senior

• 22,352 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 13:01

The only game people cared about for the Kinect won't be there at launch :D 

#10 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

War. War never changes.

• 23,897 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 19:41

I doubt anyone will miss it.

#11 +TCLN Ryster

TCLN Ryster

Evil Teddy Rules!

• 5,505 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 22:36

I doubt anyone will miss it.

Except all of those above you who said they would, lol.

#12 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

War. War never changes.

• 23,897 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 00:40

Except all of those above you who said they would, lol.

They'll come to their senses eventually....I hope ;)

#13 Synthetic

Synthetic

The one The only

• 1,401 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:48

They'll come to their senses eventually....I hope ;)

Are you saying people aren't allowed to look forward to this game...?

#14 GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• 945 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:09

I was looking forward to Kinect Sports, Also the Kinect in general and hope they will launch some other kinect games with the XB One when released if they can't finish this game in time.

#15 Yogurtmaster

Yogurtmaster

Neowinian

• 1,225 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:17

I was never against Kinect like most people.  I actually loved the idea.  I never bought one because I put all my money towards a PC and by the time I could buy one, I heard rumors of Kinect 2.0 coming out and so I would definitely buy this game.

I would love to have tactile feedback for this game maybe using gloves or the puff of air thing.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!