Help with new PC build please

Hey,

I'd like someone more "up-to-date" with hardware to suggest me parts for my new build.

The case should be either e-ATX or ATX, system build should be around AMD. Nothing wrong with Intel or Nvidia, just my personal preference.

Budget is around $2000. (Can be less of course)

Mostly for gaming :)

Thanks.

Take a look: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1kRCu

CPU: AMD FX-8350

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 (CWCH100)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) (F3-1866C9D-16GSR)
Storage: OCZ Vector Series 256GB (VTR1-25SAT3-256G)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB (WD2002FAEX)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB (GV-R797TO-3GD)
Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D (CC650DW-1)
Power Supply: Corsair AX760 (CP-9020045-EU)

Where are you going to order parts, though? I've used UK prices and product codes as a guideline (and went over a bit). Should be largely the same anywhere in EU. Availability - that's another question.

Anyway, has top components, a fair OC headroom. Crossfire is discouraged, although AX760 would manage - it's so stable even if overloaded that it could probably be legally sold as 900W.

Is there any other good alternative for that UD3? I've had my share of bad luck with Gigabyte in the past :(

Also not sure if I need 256GB of SSD, maybe to turn it down a bit and add that extra money to somthing else?

Also is there a reason to discourage crossfire? :)

Is there any other good alternative for that UD3? I've had my share of bad luck with Gigabyte in the past :(

Also not sure if I need 256GB of SSD, maybe to turn it down a bit and add that extra money to somthing else?

You should go either the Sabertooth motherboard or the Crosshair V, both highly recommended for the FX8350. (I myself have one but in a microATX Motherboard, have to undervolt because my phase number is 4+1 :D)

1) Well, I'm a bit of a brand-loyal here and it's also one of the least expensive 990FX boards, but, of course, experiences differ. ASUS generally is the only other way to go. The thing with Sabertooth series is that they're fugly - it terribly bothers me, don't know about you :)

2) Sure. Consider OCZ Vertex 450 128GB or Samsung 840 Pro 128GB then.

3) Only if overclocking of CPU is planned. Perfectly fine otherwise.