Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damo R.

syfy Dominion

61 posts in this topic

i43sataeqJTmT.png

News of the adaptation comes from Deadline, who clarifies that ?Dominion? will take its base from characters of the film and produce a 90-minute pilot/movie directed by the feature?s director and co-writer Scott Stewart. ?Sons of Anarchy? writer Vaun Wilmott will pen the script for Syfy?s adaptation of the film, which we sadly doubt Paul Bettany to have any involvement in.

The network describes ?Dominion? as ?an epic supernatural action drama set 25 years in the future after a war between an army of angels and mankind has transformed the world.? The story will follow a rebellious young soldier who discovers himself to be the unlikely savior of all humanity.

http://screencrush.com/syfy-legion-tv-series-dominion/

1 person likes this

The film could have been better but it was still ok to watch, the series might be worth checking out.

Loved the film!!!!

Meh, I won't watch as it offends my beliefs, but along this news, I wish TV networks would start doing orignial things again, and not dusting off movies and old shows to develop.

Meh, I won't watch as it offends my beliefs, but along this news, I wish TV networks would start doing orignial things again, and not dusting off movies and old shows to develop.

Seeing as you won't watch it, and assuming you've not watched the film - how are your comments valid?  The film quite obviously left the ending ready for more!

uts6.png

The supernatural action pilot ?Dominion? has signed up four more players: Anthony Stewart Head (pictured; Repo!), Roxanne McKee, Luke Allen-Gale and Shivani Ghai, says Deadline.

Syfy?s ?Dominion? is based on characters from the 2010 feature Legion and set 25 years later in the aftermath of a catastrophic war between mankind and an army of angels.

Head will play the president of the Senate of Vega, one of the few cities left standing. McKee is the closest thing Vega has to a princess. Allen-Gale is the scion of Vega?s other ruling family. Ghai guests as a foreign diplomat.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3255810/tv-syfys-dominion-enlists-four-more-for-biblical-war/

Sounds interesting. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

^ Looking very angelic to me. :D

^ Looking very angelic to me. :D

:rofl:

Syfy Picks Up ?Dominion? To Series

Syfy has handed a series order to their drama project Dominion, which is based on the 2010 feature film Legion. The pick up comes mere months after the network green-lit a pilot and shortly after production got underway on said pilot in South Africa.

The pick up of Dominion comes at a time when Syfy is aggressively ramping up its slate of original scripted series. In addition to stalwarts Haven and Being Human, Syfy has Defiance set to return for a second season and recently handed a series order to Ronald D. Moore?s Helix. The network has numerous other projects in development with a stated plan to have up to six scripted series airing across a year. Syfy ? like a number of other networks ? is also eyeing a move back into longform.

?Following the critical success of ?Defiance? and the upcoming Ron Moore thriller ?Helix,? ?Dominion? will be the next major addition to Syfy?s growing slate of high quality scripted series,? said Dave Howe, President of Syfy. ??Dominion? will continue Syfy?s new strategy to commission stand-out genre series that deliver the high stakes, sci-fi/fantasy experience our audience demands and embraces.?

Src

1 person likes this

Sounds interesting. I felt the original movie was good enough, so a tv show based on it should do okay as well.

Side note - I wasn't aware that the Paul Bettany guy in the original movie is the voice for Jarvis in the Iron Man movies, too.

6ArVR.jpg

1395755108.jpg

Just in time for my birthday! (13th) Hurray!

Gn32r5Ah.jpg CBQHrcwt.jpg YwzMVqEl.jpg udOuS4Cd.jpg gtlQcwKN.jpg BUa9e03n.jpg 9lWLbAeK.jpg iExKZO8Y.jpg VYrY4pyR.jpg gqKuK6Iv.jpg IQ5UJVtz.jpg

(Region Locked)

gqshpl.png

post-15395-0-89361200-1399217886.jpg

post-15395-0-07874100-1399217888.jpg

post-15395-0-93162500-1399217888.jpg

The film was the worst thing I've ever seen with my two eyes...and I've seen Transformers!

Kfwz5cC.jpg