Dominion

Meh, I won't watch as it offends my beliefs, but along this news, I wish TV networks would start doing orignial things again, and not dusting off movies and old shows to develop.

honestly, you're pretty extreme if you can't enjoy a fantasy movie because it contains angels and demons and other christian mythology. it's a fantasy story based on an old fantasy story, you don't need to believe to watch it. even christians shouldn't be offended by it as it's still a work of fiction, t's no worse than any other movie in that regard. 

honestly, you're pretty extreme if you can't enjoy a fantasy movie because it contains angels and demons and other christian mythology. it's a fantasy story based on an old fantasy story, you don't need to believe to watch it. even christians shouldn't be offended by it as it's still a work of fiction, t's no worse than any other movie in that regard. 

Not really extreme, it's just not OK with me, and really shouldn't be to Christians in general based on the Bible's teachings. The main story drawn here portrays God and the angles as 'evil' against man and humanity. That just feels so profane and wrong on many levels. Claims to 'fiction so it's OK and no worse than any other movie' is overlooking the whole blasphemy aspect of it.

Anyway, one persons fiction is another's desensitization of all things good. In today's world, so much of the media shows good as bad and bad as not too bad, and kinda misunderstood and good. blah.

Not really extreme, it's just not OK with me, and really shouldn't be to Christians in general based on the Bible's teachings. The main story drawn here portrays God and the angles as 'evil' against man and humanity. That just feels so profane and wrong on many levels. Claims to 'fiction so it's OK and no worse than any other movie' is overlooking the whole blasphemy aspect of it.

Anyway, one persons fiction is another's desensitization of all things good. In today's world, so much of the media shows good as bad and bad as not too bad, and kinda misunderstood and good. blah.

Except that what you're saying is, "MY belief is right and yours is wrong... so you don't get to have yours."

Whether or not "God" is good/evil depends completely on your perspective. When God decides to make an appearance,

per the Bible, he kills people. A LOT of people. Men, women, children... all die. If we're going to debate the moral perception

of "God", then this story is no less relevant than any a Christian would tell.

Meh, I won't watch as it offends my beliefs, but along this news, I wish TV networks would start doing orignial things again, and not dusting off movies and old shows to develop.

That is what we call a personal problem. Personally I think the show looks cheesy based on the filming alone but the more controversy people such as yourself make for it, the better the chance more people will check it out. So please keep it up.

Actually the movie doesn't portray God as evil, not the angels either. Maybe you should watch it before you "judge" it. 

In fact, god was far more evil in the bible than he was in the movie. 

That is what we call a personal problem. Personally I think the show looks cheesy based on the filming alone but the more controversy people such as yourself make for it, the better the chance more people will check it out. So please keep it up.

Some folks have personal ideals, morals, and beliefs that keep them from participating in things. This isn't a bad thing, a personal problem, nor is it controversy.

As a side note, do you ever have anything that isn't non-personal attackish, to say? I made a brief comment in passing, so it seems you alone sees or wants controversy stoked.

Actually the movie doesn't portray God as evil, not the angels either. Maybe you should watch it before you "judge" it. 

In fact, god was far more evil in the bible than he was in the movie. 

You DO know the main plot behind it, right? Also, since God is never evil in the Bible, I would say that your observation is incorrect.

Except that what you're saying is, "MY belief is right and yours is wrong... so you don't get to have yours."

Whether or not "God" is good/evil depends completely on your perspective. When God decides to make an appearance,

per the Bible, he kills people. A LOT of people. Men, women, children... all die. If we're going to debate the moral perception

of "God", then this story is no less relevant than any a Christian would tell.

Actually, that isn't what I was saying at all. I never said others don't get to have their belief. Please don't add your own personal thoughts or interpretations between words, then try to argue your 'enlightened' position from it. That aside, I do believe my thoughts are right, what others choose to cling to is their choice/problem/interest, whatever word you want to add.

Your points seem to want to play into perception of good/evil, which is fine. People can choose to believe what they want. I stated my personal thoughts on why I don't want to watch, and why most Christians shouldn't based on the Bible. Also, how the current medias are using means to show good as bad, and flipping things around and showing grey as the color of life. It was pretty simple, and cut and dried.

You DO know the main plot behind it, right? Also, since God is never evil in the Bible, I would say that your observation is incorrect.

Yes, I just saw the movie again the day before yesterday.

And no god isn't evil in the movie anymore than he's evil in the bible. You think you know the plot but you said you haven't seen it... So you only know the trailer plot... There some important information at the end as well as throughout the movie. But especially at the end...

and why most Christians shouldn't based on the Bible. Also, how the current medias are using means to show good as bad, and flipping things around and showing grey as the color of life. It was pretty simple, and cut and dried.

With that argumentation Christians can't read or watch ANY books or movies except the bible...

Also good and bad never was and never should be cut and dry, black and white. Then you might as well advocate sharia laws.

Some folks have personal ideals, morals, and beliefs that keep them from participating in things. This isn't a bad thing, a personal problem, nor is it controversy.

As a side note, do you ever have anything that isn't non-personal attackish, to say? I made a brief comment in passing, so it seems you alone sees or wants controversy stoked.

Pointing out how "you're" the offended one is not a personal attack, it's simply stating a point based on something you said. Being offended is in fact a personal problem or if you prefer a personal issue. It's a state of being that you let yourself be in, no one forces you or anyone else to be offended by something. Being offended is nothing more then a subjective view of how you let yourself see a particular situation. 

• 2 weeks later...

as i didn't watch the movie, didn't find 2nd episode weird but helped to understand the pilot better ; think more subsequent episodes will probably find its stand whether it is a one seasoner