Something iOS can do that Android can't? (And visaversa)

Android can do

Customisation, widgets, multiple user accounts, different app stores, expand the storage space, use as a flash drive, can set default apps, better designed apps, run emulators without jailbreak, share stuff with multiple services, can keep apps hidden in app drawer, live wallpapers, flash player support, better prices, custom ROMs, better cameras, one charger can work with several devices such as my nexus 7 charger works on my note 2, wireless charging, NFC Tech, widgets on lock screen, supports game controllers.

One thing android can't do.... get you lost in a desert, the iPhone can :)

iCloud? I think there is nothing like that on Android.

I can name three. Google Drive, Skydrive and Dropbox.

• 3 weeks later...

Jailbreaking is not necessary to add ringtones to an iphone

This is not true.  I was able to add a iphone ring tone (I like the old phone ring tone that was on my iphone, which I downloaded from phonezoo) to my S4 running the stock Jellybean 4.2.2.  No jailbreaking required.

This is not true.  I was able to add a iphone ring tone (I like the old phone ring tone that was on my iphone, which I downloaded from phonezoo) to my S4 running the stock Jellybean 4.2.2.  No jailbreaking required.

Err... what?  Jailbreaking is for iPhones.  Not Android phones...

I thought he was insinuating that you had to jailbreak or root (to me it is the same thing) the android to be able to add ringtones vs the iOS where you don't. You know differences between the two OSes as titled.

I thought he was insinuating that you had to jailbreak or root (to me it is the same thing) the android to be able to add ringtones vs the iOS where you don't. You know differences between the two OSes as titled.

Not at all, dont have much experience with Android so wouldnt know anyway. It was just the iphone i was talking about.

Android can do that iOS cant out of the box, lets you tweak and fiddle pretty much anything to how you would like it from launchers, lock screens & keyboards to name but 3.

Add your own Micro SDCard as a ram expansion/storage drive internally.

Android lets you change your battery (ok nexus cant but pretty much the rest can) by removing the removable rear cover.

Plug your android in via usb and whala it shows as a usb drive, copy n paste all your mp3s at will to the internal memory or MicroSDcard without the need for a proprietary app to facilitate this.

android allows you to truly "think different" and customise to your own personal tastes. (not just letting you change your backdrop)

One thing iOSs lets you do that Android doesn't, install that scurge called I-tunes on your Windows PC :p

Im not Android or IOS obsessed, I lean more towards Android in personal use and work use ;) but support both. It appeals to my tinkering/tweaking nature with tech.

Android can do that iOS cant out of the box, lets you tweak and fiddle pretty much anything to how you would like it from launchers, lock screens & keyboards to name but 3.

Android lets you change your battery (ok nexus cant but pretty much the rest can) by removing the removable rear cover.

Actually, it's very common to have unremovable batteries unfortunately.. :/ HTC have moved to it and so has Nokia to an extent.

But Galaxy haven't and that's the biggest I guess.

Also there're many phones without SD slots- One series... :(

I have an Android One S and I am ###### at my carrier and HTC for not releasing the new OS version to my phone, that's my biggest quarm.

I liked Apple's mail app and text selection more but that's about it.

Really, aside from hardware differences, there is very little that one can do that the other can't, especially once you consider jailbreaking or rooting. Android is a little more easily customizable, but you can find alternatives to just about anything on one platform on the other.

With android you use an app which has the phone send you an email if you miss a call. I like this because if my phone is forgoten in my car and someone calls me while i'm sitting next to the computer I will get an email saying "Missed called". Then I will wonder where the hell my phone is and go looking for it.

With android you can use an app which lets you customize the notifications of applications which don't let you change them (lightflow)

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1162732-custom-notification-mp3s-i-created-that-i-thought-i-would-share/

Neither one of these is true. Android doesn't let you do that. That is a hardware function. There is nothing in the software that checks to see if the battery comes from Apple.

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps, but that easy swapability lets some of us opt for oversized batteries, which is handy for high activity days. I can pop out the Optimus G Pro's 3140 mAh battery for a 9300 mAh and custom back.