games platform rpg open world sandbox dynamic multiplayer pixar

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Yogurtmaster

Yogurtmaster

Neowinian

• 1,225 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:15

I am sure this topic has been made.  I couldn't find it so let me start.

I have been working on starting a business and as a want-to-be entrepreneur I find myself drawn to different ideas to work on a business. 

I am currently working on another type of company other than games, but all these ideas in my head that could be games draws me to this.

I love gaming and I would love to get some money together for this, but I have another dream so I must follow that first.  I may eventually end up

in this area though in a few years.

I don't like building games myself as it kills all of the magic for me.  I have done this for simple 2-D games using something like App Game Kit and it's cool, but I would rather assemble a team together to build an AAA Title and buy real development kits.  No On-Rails, No QTE's,  Always dynamic gameplay and lots of color (No grey or browns only). 

I would love to build a modern 3D platform game (someday) that has some of the following features...

• It has to be fun and entertaining (no static gameplay). 
  • Full on next generation physics engine for explosions and other mayhem.
  • Huge dynamic open world concept with no loading screens.  This world can change dynamically over time.  It's a sandbox game + Platformer with RPG elements.
  • Art assets that try to take something from Pixar.  I don't mean anything like Monsters University because that is ray traced, but something like their older stuff.  Animation, Lighting, smoothness of the characters, lots of colors.  Also using the best of Direct 3D 11.x and the latest technologies.
  • Adding in Role Playing Game Elements to the game  (Think of RPG elements to non RPG games like Crackdown)
  • Dynamic Awards and Achievements
  • The starting setting would be a futuristic city scape with a ** HUGE ** draw distance

I am a big fan of Nintendo and I feel that Nintendo should do a brand new IP along these lines.  I would do it if I was in charge of them.  I know Nintendo is more than Platformers and such.  I would probably start on something simpler actually like a new next generation future racer like WipeOut HD for the new company, but I would want to keep this project in mind.

What Ideas would you add to this and what are your own ideas for a game concept you would like to see yourself?

#2 Colicab

Colicab

DGDesign

• 4,186 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:19

Mario Bro.Z  - Zombie apocalypse Mario world style, all 2D with 3D graphics

#3 GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• 1,273 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:47

I'm thinking a MMO for consoles. (I prefer joystick over mouse and keyboard for these types) but a platform-er like prototype or infamous.

Many different class characters, I want something that can have pets! lol (Like a warlock that can spawn a monster of some sort), but also other classes for example a warrior class, healer/charms, wizard type class, etc.

Something futuristic/sci-fi not into the fantasy themes.

XP/Leveling system to keep player addicted (lots of side missions or things to kill to slowly increase xp, so players can build up to take on hard stages/bosses)

Majority of missions should be able to be completed solo, but co-op/team based play should be encouraged.

Allow in-game purchases for rare items, but make most purchasable items available to collect in game.. but hard to get.

No level limits on wearing items if you buy them in-game, so if someone wants to pay $100 for the best clothing items they can wear it from lvl 1.

Quick re-spawning and if you die in a pvp world you don't lose any items or cash, but attacker gains some depending on your level and att/def points.

So more players will be willing to participate in PvP worlds and not just afraid of losing stuff..

#4 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• 5,465 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:58

GTA Online (MMO)

Regional servers which let you play that actual location; London, New York, San Andreas, Japan, Australia, Russia etc. with coop missions and head to head challenges of stories from around the world.

#5 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• 6,000 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:01

A realistic squad based shooter, with cover (like Rainbow 6 Vegas) but set in the Halo Universe. Where you play an ordinary Marine Sgt. But make it really realistic in regards to dying in 1-2 hits, can't jump 8 feet in the air etc. Make all the unshielded enemies (minus the Hunter) die in a few hits too, requiring real teamwork to drop enemies like the elites and the flood.

4 player online co-op as well as competitive multiplayer.  Run the stories parallel to the main halo Games, but have maybe the first mission set on Harvest where man first makes contact with the Covenant. Then you get posted to Reach, the last level resulting in you escaping on the Pillar of Autumn.

The 2nd game set on Halo etc, imagine the cool gadgets you could get design for the player. 

#6 GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• 1,273 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 28 July 2013 - 13:22

A realistic squad based shooter, with cover (like Rainbow 6 Vegas) but set in the Halo Universe. Where you play an ordinary Marine Sgt. But make it really realistic in regards to dying in 1-2 hits, can't jump 8 feet in the air etc. Make all the unshielded enemies (minus the Hunter) die in a few hits too, requiring real teamwork to drop enemies like the elites and the flood.

4 player online co-op as well as competitive multiplayer.  Run the stories parallel to the main halo Games, but have maybe the first mission set on Harvest where man first makes contact with the Covenant. Then you get posted to Reach, the last level resulting in you escaping on the Pillar of Autumn.

The 2nd game set on Halo etc, imagine the cool gadgets you could get design for the player. 

Sounds similar to Destiny made by Bungie Studios who made Halo.

Except its similar to the Halo story line but not the same and I'm not sure about the damage percentages from gun fire.

GTA Online (MMO)

Regional servers which let you play that actual location; London, New York, San Andreas, Japan, Australia, Russia etc. with coop missions and head to head challenges of stories from around the world.

I like the regional servers idea, be awesome to play GTA in my own city. 

GTA V will have MMO like online multiplayer, but not regional game worlds.

Check out the last 30secs.

#7 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• 8,420 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:27

Mario Bro.Z  - Zombie apocalypse Mario world style, all 2D with 3D graphics

Have you decency, sir? Another zombie game!?  :rofl:

#8 vetsanctified

sanctified

Your order is meaningless. My chaos is significant.

• 21,019 posts
  • Phone: An awesome Moto X for $150 off contract.

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:34

System Shock 3

#9 Andre S.

Andre S.

Asik

• 7,707 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:53

True spiritual successors to Planescape: Torment and Baldur's Gate, led by Chris Avellone, George Ziets, etc. Oh wait these games are actually being made!

#10 +virtorio

virtorio

4089 III

• 8,365 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy SIII

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:57

A new Unreal Tournament that people actually play.

#11 danio9004

danio9004

Neowinian

• 19 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:54

I like the regional servers idea, be awesome to play GTA in my own city. 

GTA V will have MMO like online multiplayer, but not regional game worlds.

This would be a great solution

#12 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,155 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:03

Day Of The Tentacle 2!

#13 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

• 36,154 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:04

System Shock 3

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

#14 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,155 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:06

X-Wing / TIE Fighter style space shooter but based around Clone Wars.  Maybe cell shaded?

#15 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,740 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:15

I'll end this thread here...

Shenmue III

Discussion over.