Games that you would like to see made

I am sure this topic has been made.  I couldn't find it so let me start.

I have been working on starting a business and as a want-to-be entrepreneur I find myself drawn to different ideas to work on a business. 

I am currently working on another type of company other than games, but all these ideas in my head that could be games draws me to this.

I love gaming and I would love to get some money together for this, but I have another dream so I must follow that first.  I may eventually end up

in this area though in a few years.

I don't like building games myself as it kills all of the magic for me.  I have done this for simple 2-D games using something like App Game Kit and it's cool, but I would rather assemble a team together to build an AAA Title and buy real development kits.  No On-Rails, No QTE's,  Always dynamic gameplay and lots of color (No grey or browns only). 

I would love to build a modern 3D platform game (someday) that has some of the following features...

• It has to be fun and entertaining (no static gameplay). 
  • Full on next generation physics engine for explosions and other mayhem.
  • Huge dynamic open world concept with no loading screens.  This world can change dynamically over time.  It's a sandbox game + Platformer with RPG elements.
  • Art assets that try to take something from Pixar.  I don't mean anything like Monsters University because that is ray traced, but something like their older stuff.  Animation, Lighting, smoothness of the characters, lots of colors.  Also using the best of Direct 3D 11.x and the latest technologies.
  • Adding in Role Playing Game Elements to the game  (Think of RPG elements to non RPG games like Crackdown)
  • Dynamic Awards and Achievements
  • The starting setting would be a futuristic city scape with a ** HUGE ** draw distance

I am a big fan of Nintendo and I feel that Nintendo should do a brand new IP along these lines.  I would do it if I was in charge of them.  I know Nintendo is more than Platformers and such.  I would probably start on something simpler actually like a new next generation future racer like WipeOut HD for the new company, but I would want to keep this project in mind.

What Ideas would you add to this and what are your own ideas for a game concept you would like to see yourself?

I'm thinking a MMO for consoles. (I prefer joystick over mouse and keyboard for these types) but a platform-er like prototype or infamous.

Many different class characters, I want something that can have pets! lol (Like a warlock that can spawn a monster of some sort), but also other classes for example a warrior class, healer/charms, wizard type class, etc.

Something futuristic/sci-fi not into the fantasy themes.

XP/Leveling system to keep player addicted (lots of side missions or things to kill to slowly increase xp, so players can build up to take on hard stages/bosses)

Majority of missions should be able to be completed solo, but co-op/team based play should be encouraged.

Allow in-game purchases for rare items, but make most purchasable items available to collect in game.. but hard to get.

No level limits on wearing items if you buy them in-game, so if someone wants to pay $100 for the best clothing items they can wear it from lvl 1.

Quick re-spawning and if you die in a pvp world you don't lose any items or cash, but attacker gains some depending on your level and att/def points.

So more players will be willing to participate in PvP worlds and not just afraid of losing stuff..

GTA Online (MMO)

Regional servers which let you play that actual location; London, New York, San Andreas, Japan, Australia, Russia etc. with coop missions and head to head challenges of stories from around the world.

A realistic squad based shooter, with cover (like Rainbow 6 Vegas) but set in the Halo Universe. Where you play an ordinary Marine Sgt. But make it really realistic in regards to dying in 1-2 hits, can't jump 8 feet in the air etc. Make all the unshielded enemies (minus the Hunter) die in a few hits too, requiring real teamwork to drop enemies like the elites and the flood.

4 player online co-op as well as competitive multiplayer.  Run the stories parallel to the main halo Games, but have maybe the first mission set on Harvest where man first makes contact with the Covenant. Then you get posted to Reach, the last level resulting in you escaping on the Pillar of Autumn.

The 2nd game set on Halo etc, imagine the cool gadgets you could get design for the player. 

A realistic squad based shooter, with cover (like Rainbow 6 Vegas) but set in the Halo Universe. Where you play an ordinary Marine Sgt. But make it really realistic in regards to dying in 1-2 hits, can't jump 8 feet in the air etc. Make all the unshielded enemies (minus the Hunter) die in a few hits too, requiring real teamwork to drop enemies like the elites and the flood.

4 player online co-op as well as competitive multiplayer.  Run the stories parallel to the main halo Games, but have maybe the first mission set on Harvest where man first makes contact with the Covenant. Then you get posted to Reach, the last level resulting in you escaping on the Pillar of Autumn.

The 2nd game set on Halo etc, imagine the cool gadgets you could get design for the player. 

Sounds similar to Destiny made by Bungie Studios who made Halo.

Except its similar to the Halo story line but not the same and I'm not sure about the damage percentages from gun fire.

GTA Online (MMO)

Regional servers which let you play that actual location; London, New York, San Andreas, Japan, Australia, Russia etc. with coop missions and head to head challenges of stories from around the world.

I like the regional servers idea, be awesome to play GTA in my own city. 

GTA V will have MMO like online multiplayer, but not regional game worlds.

Check out the last 30secs.

Mario Bro.Z  - Zombie apocalypse Mario world style, all 2D with 3D graphics

Have you decency, sir? Another zombie game!?  :rofl:

I like the regional servers idea, be awesome to play GTA in my own city. 

GTA V will have MMO like online multiplayer, but not regional game worlds.

This would be a great solution

What I was thinking is that you make an open world Portal game. However you have to use Portal gun in combination with normal guns to dynamically fight enemies. It also contains RPG elements to make your character stronger.

A game I'd like to see made is where you need to use the portal gun to aid you I firefights and navigate the game world. Imagine the possibilities. For example you make a portal above the enemies and drop a grenade on top of them.

Good thread.

I'd like to see a Rogue Spear 2. As a proper tactical shooter again instead of as yet another generic FPS.

New Jack Jackrabbit. Come on Cliff, give me a trippy rabbit and not roid-raging soldiers who barely have a vocabulary and suffer from mild color blindness due to the world color pallet.

I see a lot of sequels and re-hashes but what about something genuinely original?

Been thinking about a story line where Earth is invaded and humans are fighting back. I know done before but I have been trying to twist so the story line runs along 3 perspectives, soldiers, civilians and alien. Brief synapsis would be along the lines of (from civilian) aliens turn up, war breaks out and humans are pushed to smaller pockets of resistance cells. From the soldiers perspective would be the start to the finish of the war plus adding into the resistance movements. The aliens would tell the story long before the invasion and this would show the true story and add a few twists.

Lots more to go into but the hardest part is making any game/story truly original.

I kind of want to see new IPs and ideas. Not rehashing history to death.

Bet you liked rehashing history to death before it was cool? ;)

Dune 3000

He who controls the spice, controls the universe!

The last breath of the true Westwood, Emperor: Battle For Dune was before its time. And live action sequences! As dumbed-down, twisted and flattened as its simple war-centric backstory was: live action, ffs! They probably cost more than making the rest of the game. Oh, and (non-canon) house Ordos - my favorites.

• Like 1