I am sure this topic has been made. I couldn't find it so let me start.
I have been working on starting a business and as a want-to-be entrepreneur I find myself drawn to different ideas to work on a business.
I am currently working on another type of company other than games, but all these ideas in my head that could be games draws me to this.
I love gaming and I would love to get some money together for this, but I have another dream so I must follow that first. I may eventually end up
in this area though in a few years.
I don't like building games myself as it kills all of the magic for me. I have done this for simple 2-D games using something like App Game Kit and it's cool, but I would rather assemble a team together to build an AAA Title and buy real development kits. No On-Rails, No QTE's, Always dynamic gameplay and lots of color (No grey or browns only).
I would love to build a modern 3D platform game (someday) that has some of the following features...
- It has to be fun and entertaining (no static gameplay).
- Full on next generation physics engine for explosions and other mayhem.
- Huge dynamic open world concept with no loading screens. This world can change dynamically over time. It's a sandbox game + Platformer with RPG elements.
- Art assets that try to take something from Pixar. I don't mean anything like Monsters University because that is ray traced, but something like their older stuff. Animation, Lighting, smoothness of the characters, lots of colors. Also using the best of Direct 3D 11.x and the latest technologies.
- Adding in Role Playing Game Elements to the game (Think of RPG elements to non RPG games like Crackdown)
- Dynamic Awards and Achievements
- The starting setting would be a futuristic city scape with a ** HUGE ** draw distance
I am a big fan of Nintendo and I feel that Nintendo should do a brand new IP along these lines. I would do it if I was in charge of them. I know Nintendo is more than Platformers and such. I would probably start on something simpler actually like a new next generation future racer like WipeOut HD for the new company, but I would want to keep this project in mind.
What Ideas would you add to this and what are your own ideas for a game concept you would like to see yourself?