Xbox One "Who's telling the Truth about the Cloud"

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#46 AnotherITguy

AnotherITguy

Neowinian

• Phone: Iphone 5C 16GB

Posted 30 July 2013 - 13:00

Here is the thing with Cloud computing, Microsoft has vast resources to put up server farms for cloud computing for the xbox live division, just think of it this way, the cloud tech for xbox is on its 1.0 deployment, im willing to bet it will improve as time passes, and im loving the unlimited cloud storage.

#47 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 30 July 2013 - 13:21

I thought the response was fairly easy to comprehend, My point was your scenario could be associated with any other console (Which is why I used Ouya as an example).

I'm sure some people will jump up and call me a Sony fanboy again cause I use the PS4 as a comparison but here it goes anyway;
http://www.polygon.c...ng-calculations
The PS4 does processing in the cloud also and in the same way I'm adamant that it can't improve graphics on the Xbox One, it also can't improve them on the PS4.

I'm not being anti-Xbox, All I'm saying is the cloud won't improve graphics. If Sony marketed the same hype over the 'cloud' I'd be arguing the exact same thing with ps fanboys.

Sure any other console can use the cloud to leverage calculations and free it's resources for more graphics power.

However, Ouya doesn't have even one percent of the required economy to do it. Sony could and probably will do it, but they're at least 3 years away from developing a working API and dev tool solution to do it. Ad sofa their busy saying how useless it is and how there's no point to it, leaving them to have to eat hat in a few years.

#48 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 30 July 2013 - 18:03

I know Microsoft don't claim that the 'cloud' will improve graphics but if you can't see fanboys claiming that here in this forum you are blind.

Look back on this thread even, people are trying to justify that the cloud can improve graphics because it can offload local processing.

I am not blind. Maybe you need to drop the assumptions.

Fanboys exist on all sides. I never said otherwise.

MS does not make the claims your arguing against, so why waste your time arguing against fanboys? If they want to claim something that is not backed by info from a certain company, its time to move on.

I'm not being anti-Xbox, All I'm saying is the cloud won't improve graphics. If Sony marketed the same hype over the 'cloud' I'd be arguing the exact same thing with ps fanboys.

MS is NOT marketing the 'hype' that your railing against. You told me yourself that MS has not once tried to claim this will handle graphics.

Your only arguing against forum posters, not MS. My advise? Stick to discussing what these companies say and the info that is released, not arguing points that have no info to back them up.