24: Live Another Day

Ztn1.png

24 showrunner Howard Gordon has revealed new details about the show's comeback.

New limited series Live Another Day will start shooting in January 2014 and air in April, Gordon told Assignment X.

Of the 12-episode run, he said: "The story will be 12 hours over a day, but we'll take advantage of the fact that we can go from seven o'clock to nine o'clock."

Kiefer Sutherland is currently the only confirmed cast member for the new 24 season, but Gordon said that he "absolutely hope" to have fan favourite Mary Lynn Rajskub reprise her role of Chloe O'Brian.

"As a fan, I absolutely hope [she comes back]," he said. "The truth is, we're at the beginning of the process. Things aren't written in stone yet, so we're not sure."

Rajskub previously admitted that she had "high hopes" of returning to 24 as Chloe.

I'm gonna go ahead and call massive failure right now. :laugh:

I loved 24 as well (well, the last season I never managed to finish because I lost interest), but they've been trying so hard to force a movie or something out of it which was obviously never going to work, so now they'll just do a mini series? Are they going to call it 12? Hahah Just seems like they are trying to hard to make something work.

Going to have to re-watch them all next year before the new series comes out ;)

?This is going to be set in an international setting,? Reilly explained to reporters at the TCA press tour. ?[The writers] got a great idea. I love doing it this way. And I have been really heartened by the amount of equity left in this show. I am stopped by fans all the time who say, ?Thank you for bringing it back.? So we?ll talk about that more in January [at the next press tour] but it?s going to be a great format for it.?

Certainly, ?Live Another Day? will have its A-game going for it with the returning ?24? team of writer/producers Howard Gordon (?Homeland?), Evan Katz, Manny Coto, David Fury, Robert Cochran, Brian Grazer, Jon Cassar and Kiefer Sutherland. ?I just sat down with the team yesterday, and heard the [new] ideas,? said Reilly. ?Everybody came back in with a new vibrancy. Howard has said that they always had 12 great episodes. It was the next 12 that used to kill them!?

http://screencrush.com/24-live-another-day-spoilers-jack-bauer/

• 1 month later...

CPz8V.jpg

TVLine has learned exclusively that Kim Raver is nearing a deal to reprise her role as Kiefer Sutherland?s former onscreen love in Fox?s 12-episode event series 24: Live Another Day.

http://tvline.com/2013/09/11/exclusive-24-sets-jack-audrey-reunion-as-kim-raver-nears-deal-to-live-another-day/

• 3 weeks later...

EW has learned exclusively that production will begin in January for 24: Live Another Day, and the action will take place in the U.K. for another ?thrilling international adventure.?

??24? has always had such a global sensibility,? said Sutherland in a statement. ?But to be able to tell this intense ?24?-style story with the beauty of Europe?s history and architecture as the backdrop is going to be fascinating. Hopefully, by the time you?re finished watching an episode, you?ll feel like you?ve been there?on the edge of your seat.?

?We wanted the show?s return to be an event, and part of that was putting Jack in a very different context,? added co-showrunner and executive producer Evan Katz in a statement. ?Four years ago, we left Jack a fugitive from justice and we?re going to pick him up four years later in London.?

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/10/24-live-another-day-to-be-filmed-in.html

Can't wait for this. The last couple seasons were great, but a little too predictable and didn't have quite the same cliff hangers that the first couple seasons did. I hope they can bring that back

Yeah I thought the final season was a little too predictable and over the top on the gore (Jack's rampage).

I hope they have a new US crisis that they need Jack for and he is granted immunity. I always felt the tragedy of his character was that he was the hero who always saved the day and never got credit or got thrown under the bus by his own government (President Taylor, who I'll be glad to see GONE).

I also hope this is a trend that they will make a 12 hours series every once in a while. It keeps a great character alive and I don't think the show would have translated to a 2 hour movie very well.

I'm happy as ever that 24 is coming out again and as i said before in earlier post i'm thrilled to pieces but London? Hope they get the plot and backdrop right as seeing as Jack Bauer wouldn't be able to do what he does in America as he could do over here in England.

4FC5mv1.png

The countdown to 24?s Jack-Audrey reunion has officially begun.

Following up on TVLine?s exclusive report last month, Kim Raver has formally closed a deal to reprise her role as Kiefer Sutherland?s former onscreen love in 24: Live Another Day ? and she?s not the only franchise vet returning for Fox?s 12-episode revival.

TVLine has confirmed that William Devane, who played Audrey?s father James Heller, has also inked a deal to appear in the London-based event series.

Raver joined 24 in Season 4 and remained through Season 6. When last seen, in the S6 finale, Audrey was in something of a vegetative state after being tortured and injected with mind-altering drugs by her Chinese captors ? a development that led Devane?s Heller to forbid Jack from ever seeing his daughter again.

http://tvline.com/2013/10/04/audrey-raines-24-live-another-day-kim-raver-returning-event-series/

I haven't really watched 24 in years, but it has to be better than that show where Jack Bauer has an autistic kid.

I can beat that.  I haven't watched 24 - ever. :laugh:

If it's on netflix I might give it a go from the beginning.

• 1 month later...

pIv0dW5.png

Jack Bauer?s big day is getting a little more interesting: Fox has filled a role for an infamous hacker character in its much-anticipated 24 reboot Live Another Day.

The character is called Adrian, and he?s described as a charismatic hacker and a leader of the free information movement. The part naturally brings to mind Wikileaks founder Julian Assange. Veteran feature film actor Michael Wincott (The Count of Monte Cristo, Alien: Resurrection) has been cast.

Src

• 4 weeks later...