Jump to content



Photo

Samsung Galaxy S4 Exploded In Hong Kong, House Caught On Fire


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 spikey_richie

spikey_richie

    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

  • 2,342 posts
  • Joined: 02-February 05
  • Location: Nuneaton, UK
  • OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z1

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:53


Samsung Galaxy S4 and Samsung Galaxy S3 were exploded in different regions in the past few weeks. The most recent and the most serious accident happened in Hong Kong a few days ago as the house caught on fire.

According to The Sun from Hong Kong, there was a Samsung Galaxy S4 caught on fire and exploded when the owner using the device. Due to the sudden incident, the guy threw away the device and ran out of the house. The fire from the Samsung Galaxy S4 burnt the soft and burnt down the whole house as well.

The fire from the Samsung Galaxy S4 burnt the sofa and curtains before spread to other parts of the house. It was a serious accident as the owner lost his house but no one was injured.

The Hong Kong guy said that the Samsung Galaxy S4 was purchased from the original distribution channel while the charger and battery are original.

Samsung said that it is going to investigate into this incident to figure out the reasons behind this fire accident.

 

http://gsminsider.co...oded-hong-kong/

 

 




#2 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

    Resident Fat Dude

  • 14,318 posts
  • Joined: 23-August 04
  • Location: UK

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:17

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that neither owner was using an official charger...



#3 Sir Topham Hatt

Sir Topham Hatt

    A Very Talented Individual

  • 6,625 posts
  • Joined: 02-November 03
  • Location: Island of Sodor, UK

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:30

Always use official (Y)



#4 articuno1au

articuno1au

    Neowinian Senior

  • 4,428 posts
  • Joined: 20-March 11
  • Location: Brisbane, Australia

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:34

The Hong Kong guy said that the Samsung Galaxy S4 was purchased from the original distribution channel while the charger and battery are original.

^

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that neither owner was using an official charger...

Reading is hard..



#5 +sanke1

sanke1

    Member

  • 2,712 posts
  • Joined: 07-October 07

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:35

A paid news by Apple? Aftermarket charger? Gas leak in the house? 

 

Such a sensationalist news.

 

While I agree he did receive original charger but the question is was he using it at the time of incident?



#6 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

    Resident Fat Dude

  • 14,318 posts
  • Joined: 23-August 04
  • Location: UK

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:32

^

Reading is hard..

 

Yeah, and the original story for the people who got electrocuted from their iPhones recently said THEY were using original chargers too. Turned out they weren't.





Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!