bugatti-special-edition-veyron-grand-spo

Bugatti, the maker of the world?s most expensive and fastest super cars is now planning to launch six new special editions of their famous roadster, Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse called ?Les L?gendes de Bugatti (Bugatti Legends).? This is only one of them.

Other than the beautiful new design, this special edition car stays the same on the inside with quad-turbocharged 8.0-liter W-16 engine packing 1,184 horsepower and 1,106 pound-feet of torque. But, the speed has been limited to 233 mph.

Read More

• Like 3

Limited to 233? Aw man. 

Also, I thought Bugatti were going to stop erm...competing for the crown of "most HP" after the release of the Super Sport (heard it on Top Gear, can't quite remember exactly what series). 

That said, it looks brilliant in that colour combination. 

I'm sure they spent a ton of money on the design and aerodynamics of the Veyron, so I'm not surprised they aren't changing anything.

For as few cars as they sell, I can't imagine they are very profitable, if at all.

I'm sure they spent a ton of money on the design and aerodynamics of the Veyron, so I'm not surprised they aren't changing anything.

For as few cars as they sell, I can't imagine they are very profitable, if at all.

Bugatti does lose money in each sale of the Veyron. It is just an engineering feat. How much money they lose on each car is a big figure - you get different results from various sources.

Limited to 233? Aw man. 

Also, I thought Bugatti were going to stop erm...competing for the crown of "most HP" after the release of the Super Sport (heard it on Top Gear, can't quite remember exactly what series). 

That said, it looks brilliant in that colour combination. 

Yeah, I love the new color. It was inspired by the racer Jean-Pierre Wimille's 1937 LeMans Bugatti race car.

Would love to drive a Veyron.. just to experience that performance! 

Meh very dull looking.

Uh..you can use whatever adjectives to describe a Veyron but dull isn't one of them. 

I'm not sure it still applies to the more recent models, but for the original Veyron, the production cost was 5 million pounds (per car), while the selling price was 840 000 pounds. So yes, quite a big loss. Source : http://www.netcarshow.com/bugatti/2004-eb_164_veyron/

My birthday is coming up [next July]... anyone want to buy me an early present?

If I sell a kidney, I might be able to buy you a door handle. Would that be a good start?

I'm not sure it still applies to the more recent models, but for the original Veyron, the production cost was 5 million pounds (per car), while the selling price was 840 000 pounds. So yes, quite a big loss. Source : http://www.netcarshow.com/bugatti/2004-eb_164_veyron/

Oh wow, yeah that's a massive loss.  It's quite admirable that they stick around to push the limits with their cars.

Uh..you can use whatever adjectives to describe a Veyron but dull isn't one of them. 

In my eyes, it is a very dull (boring) car. Yes, it is an awesome engineering marvel, but there is just no soul/heart in this car. All it does is go in a straight line. I can think of much better hypercars that would be much more fun to drive.