• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• 13,893 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 16:04

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, 

I still don't see me doing those things on such a small screen, but apparently the world dissagrees :)

+1

#17 Praetor

Praetor

ASCii / ANSi Designer

• 2,640 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 19:35

I understand the concept of Smartwatches; what i don't like is the design of this ones, it looks like those old Timex... i still use my 2004 Swatch Irony though, built to last i say (still the same battery, which for a Swatch is something...amazing :rolleyes:).

Still the Pebble is the only Smartwatch that i think is fashionable while having a nice UX.

#18 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• 13,893 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 19:38

I understand the concept of Smartwatches; what i don't like is the design of this ones, it looks like those old Timex... i still use my 2004 Swatch Irony though, built to last i say (still the same battery, which for a Swatch is something...amazing :rolleyes:).

Still the Pebble is the only Smartwatch that i think is fashionable while having a nice UX.

agreed, design like these are more "future" like (IMO anyway):

4427179327_54c3977248.jpg

cst01.jpg

#19 +Chicane-UK

Chicane-UK

Neowinian Senior

• 9,700 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 05 August 2013 - 19:48

Is this not.. er... advertising? The OP is surely involved in the Kickstarter project directly..

#20 Richard C.

Richard C.

Neowinian Senior

• 3,647 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 06 August 2013 - 17:20

I still don't see me doing those things on such a small screen, but apparently the world dissagrees :)

I thought about before I started reading e-mail on my phone

#21 OP copudesign

copudesign

Neowinian

• 11 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 21:53

agreed, design like these are more "future" like (IMO anyway):

I guess you could wait for the iWatch. :-| But seriously now, this is an interesting new horizon in tech, think about it. When is the last time the biggest names in a certain area of tech have all been "3rd party" (besides Samsung)? Kickstarter has created a new sort of evolution when it comes to innovation. Keep your eyes on it.. it'll be fun to watch unfold. Who knows, some of these companies... like Pebble or HOT may be the next Microsoft or Google in 10 years. Probably not, but Crowd-funding has certainly changed things. 

#22 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• 13,893 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 21:59

I guess you could wait for the iWatch. :-| But seriously now, this is an interesting new horizon in tech, think about it. When is the last time the biggest names in a certain area of tech have all been "3rd party"? Kickstarter has created a new sort of evolution when it comes to innovation. Keep your eyes on it.. it'll be fun to watch unfold. Who knows, some of these companies... like Pebble or HOT may be the next Microsoft or Google in 10 years. Probably not, but Crowd-funding has certainly changed things. 

No one is saying it hasn't!  Competition is good.  And how does the watches I posted look anything like an iWatch would?  The second one is even crowd sourced as well! CST-01

#23 +GreenMartian

GreenMartian

Neowinian Senior

• 1,777 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 22:09

I think it's funny/sad that phones get bigger and bigger, and now they're moving the phone functionality into smaller non-phone gadgets.

Eventually the two will merge, and we'll get normal-sized phones again  :laugh:

#24 OP copudesign

copudesign

Neowinian

• 11 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 18:59

No one is saying it hasn't!  Competition is good.  And how does the watches I posted look anything like an iWatch would?  The second one is even crowd sourced as well! CST-01

I know you're not saying that, I'm just excited.

Agreed! Competition is great, but what I'm pointing out is that this time... the competition is coming from different places, places other than Samsung, Sony, Apple, Microsoft, etc.. Not that i'm against that. I'm not old enough to have experienced it, but it kind of feels like Jobs and Wozniak are in the garage again. Sure, it doesn't look that nice, but innovation is coming from the little guy (hence, with this particular watch, it's not incredibly polished). That's what I find exciting.

And yes... the analogy definitely breaks down, but you get my point. 

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!