Chloe Grace Moretz: 'I'd kill for Star Wars Episode 7 role'

286_zps282f0bdf.png

Chloe Grace Moretz has admitted that she is interested in landing a role in Star Wars Episode VII.

The actress was previously linked to a role in the Disney sequel when her Kick-Ass director Matthew Vaughn was rumoured for the director's chair.

Speaking to MTV, Moretz said that she would "kill" to get involved in the new JJ Abrams-directed trilogy.

"I mean, obviously there's interest. It's Star Wars. I'd kill to be a part of that franchise, but I don't know," she said. "JJ, I'll give you my phone number. You can text me."

Star Wars Episode VII is expected to reunite original trilogy stars Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill, and feature their characters' children in a new adventure.

Producer Kathleen Kennedy revealed at the recent Star Wars Celebration that the latest instalment will focus on "story and characters" and be less reliant on CGI effects than the prequels.

Star Wars Episode VII will begin shooting in the UK next year and will be released in cinemas in 2015.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a502824/chloe-grace-moretz-id-kill-for-star-wars-episode-7-role.html

• Like 2

while i would like to see her in more movies, i can say that either way if she is in it or not, i will not make it a priority to watch the film. I have never finished watching any of the previous films and just cannot get into the story line.

while i would like to see her in more movies, i can say that either way if she is in it or not, i will not make it a priority to watch the film. I have never finished watching any of the previous films and just cannot get into the story line.

I haven't sat down and watched the franchise for a long time

Who wouldn't want to be part of a franchise that will likely bring them money for the rest of their lives in royalty fees.

Didn't the Original Star Wars movies end peoples careers?

I think she would be fantastic in Star Wars.  She would do well as someone's padawan, one of the Skywalker/Solo children, or even a young sith in training.  I wish her luck in getting a role.

who ?...

are we making topics for every actor who would want a role in Star Wars... cause that would be a lot of topics :p 

Meh, this is just actor marketing.  I don't see why she would be better for Star Wars than many others. and if she's part of that Kick Ass craptasticery, then she better stay away from my Star Wars. 

• 5 months later...

Hello,

Um, you do know she is 16 right?

Please wait until February 10, 2015.

So what? Have you ever listened to her talk in an interview? She's incredibly mature for her age.

Age, in my opinion, has less to do with it and more about maturity level (to an extent of course).

Society has these ridiculous constructs surrounding so many things and if anyone deviates from them then that's automatically wrong. Just a hundred-two hundred years ago it was very common for girls very young to be given away in arranged marriages (specifically because the younger they were, the more children they could have over their life). That was the norm then, now we have a different norm now. Who is anyone else to say which is the right norm?