xbox one xbox microsoft

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#46 Showan

Showan

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 521

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:22

Always on for 10yrs does not necessarily mean, fully powered on and HDD spinning for all day and night.
That would be a BEAR on people's electric bills.
Just a super lower power instance, that borderlines on being completely off, but just enough juice to hear "Xbox On"...

Will game updates that happen during down time be "optional"?..

#47 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • OS: Win 8, Win 7, Vista, OSX, iOS, Android, WP8 and various Linux distro's
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:46

Just thought, my original Xbox is 7 years old and still going strong (I'm as surprised as the rest of you!) it's been retired to the office and a quieter model is in it's place in the living room.

Obviously it's not been on that whole time but still good to know.

#48 Colicab

Colicab

DGDesign

Posted 04 August 2013 - 17:26

Just thought, my original Xbox is 7 years old and still going strong (I'm as surprised as the rest of you!) it's been retired to the office and a quieter model is in it's place in the living room.

Obviously it's not been on that whole time but still good to know.

Im at the 7yr stage with my Xbox aswell, and yip its still going strong!

#49 Dinggus

Dinggus

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 05 August 2013 - 20:39

Which are games that look better on the PC the day they came out so your statement suggesting your sole reason for throwing it away was due to old graphics couldn't be true. The console launched in 2005 and had old graphics on it the day it launched so if you actually based your decisions solely on graphics, you would have never bought it in the first place, let alone throw it away.

Guess you're completely right on correcting me on my actions of why I threw my xbox away! /s

#50 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 August 2013 - 20:41

Guess you're completely right on correcting me on my actions of why I threw my xbox away! /s

? Not sure how? I am just trying to understand why you would throw away a device since it wasn't because of the graphics being out dated since it was never not out dated from its very conception.

#51 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 August 2013 - 22:16

? Not sure how? I am just trying to understand why you would throw away a device since it wasn't because of the graphics being out dated since it was never not out dated from its very conception.

Because nobody around is pretending like PC gaming isn't ahead of console gaming when it comes to graphics.  If he said he threw it out because the graphics were outdated, it was in the context of console gaming and has nothing to do with PC gaming.

#52 dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 05 August 2013 - 22:38

I wouldn't keep it always on anyway, even in a standby state mostly due to the thunderstorms we have out here in Texas.

Hopefully the very low power state remains under acceptable use as outlined by the European Commission as well.

#53 Dinggus

Dinggus

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:05

Seems like you're just trying to argue. I don't play PC games, and my xbox games seemed to be lacking on the graphics side, so I threw it out when I bought my MW2 edition xbox.

#54 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:15

I wouldn't keep it always on anyway, even in a standby state mostly due to the thunderstorms we have out here in Texas.

Hopefully the very low power state remains under acceptable use as outlined by the European Commission as well.

My fuse box got replaced when I bought the house nearly two years ago and has a massive surge protector that should stop anything, I also got a separate one for my phone line after my modem blew this spring.