Is it IT's job to babysit or teach?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#46 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 17,829 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 17:28

Not everyone has a good boss or management! In my experience, upper management often prefers to shoot the easy target like low/mid-level IT, rather than tackle the real issues.

Why I document everything and periodically offload the documentation.I have learned a long time ago to CYA.

That means nothing. what if that person is 1 step above your boss?  things can always change.

Missed where I said on Page 2 that the only people I am interested in is keeping the directors/VPs happy?  Anyone else I am not worried about.  If I have a problem with an employee, I will talk to my boss and in turn he will talk to their boss and get it resolved.  And I don't go out of my way to ###### anyone off.

#47 +Xenosion

Xenosion

Neowinian Senior

• 4,590 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 17:34

Why I document everything and periodically offload the documentation.I have learned a long time ago to CYA.

Missed where I said on Page 2 that the only people I am interested in is keeping the directors/VPs happy?  Anyone else I am not worried about.  If I have a problem with an employee, I will talk to my boss and in turn he will talk to their boss and get it resolved.  And I don't go out of my way to **** anyone off.

This would work in a structured organization with a hierarchy of management. But for a smaller company? Or an outsourced IT person? It would be completely different. The question from the OP is becoming too vague to answer universally.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!