Samsung preps Galaxy S 4, Galaxy S4 Mini variants with seamless dual-mode L

Samsung preps Galaxy S 4, Galaxy S4 Mini variants with seamless dual-mode LTE

dsc06286-1374174115.jpg

It hasn't been easy to bridge differing LTE network types in one phone; ZTE's attempt requires a reboot, for example. Samsung claims to have solved that problem with new dual-mode LTE versions of the Galaxy S 4 and Galaxy S4 Mini. Both devices can switch between the common FDD-LTE standard and TDD-LTE without restarting, and they'll automatically hand over any ongoing data sessions or voice calls. The advantages are potentially huge for both roaming and bandwidth -- travelers are more likely to stay on 4G, and providers running both FDD and TDD can switch customers to whatever network has the most capacity. Samsung hasn't said where and when the dual-mode Galaxies will be available, although TDD-LTE's worldwide reach (including the US) suggests that the smartphones could soon be commonplace.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/31/samsung-gs4-and-gs4-mini-dual-mode-lte/

whoa the amount of variants samsung has for one phone is just mind boggling on how they go on for software updates per phone

Why I am not going to buy another Samsung phone unless they produce another nexus device I like. Samsung is going to run in to trouble soon with all these phones they are releasing.

Why I am not going to buy another Samsung phone unless they produce another nexus device I like. Samsung is going to run in to trouble soon with all these phones they are releasing.

Exactly, all the S3 variants have barely begun updating from 4.2.1 to  4.2.2 if any at all :/

Exactly, all the S3 variants have barely begun updating from 4.2.1 to  4.2.2 if any at all :/

The new Motorola phones look pretty good and from the screens, looks to run stock Android...or close to it. If Google does things right, and keeps their Moto X and new line of Motorola phones updated...then I can see them doing well. Samsung is just interested in pumping out as many devices as possible and watching people spend spend spend.

The new Motorola phones look pretty good and from the screens, looks to run stock Android...or close to it. If Google does things right, and keeps their Moto X and new line of Motorola phones updated...then I can see them doing well. Samsung is just interested in pumping out as many devices as possible and watching people spend spend spend.

Yeah my guess would be flood the market with X amount of phones, give people lesser choice.

heck, where I live, we even have a "samsung" store, but not an official apple store...