Which SSD?

I cant believe sandforce performance was/is that bad! This numbers cannot be totally true unless you substantiate with some genuine trustworthy link. I have been using vertex 2 for quite a long time now & trust me this has never let me down!

Just because yours hasn't failed, doesn't mean you should be blind to reality...  The Vertex 2 and Agility 2 were the first ones to use SandForce, and they were by far the worst SSDs they ever produced.  If you don't believe me, Google it.  They worked all the kinks out with the Vertex/Agility 3 with firmware updates, but by then, the damage was already done.  OCZ is perfectly fine now, and I personally prefer their products, but the Vertex/Agility 2 are ones people should always stay away from.  The 3 is fine, but updating to the latest firmware is absolutely necessary.

My 3 year old Vertex 2 is still alive and kicking. I has been in constant use since it's my main PC Windows system drive. I now use as my games drive, as I bought a new Vertex 4 as my system drive. My server is using an vertex 3 since 1 and a half. All 3 drives are in constant use, no problems whatsoever... of course you have to make sure that you always install the latest firmwares.

I have a Vertex 3 120GB. Man this thing is rapid coming from a normal SATA.  I just put my drive and the Samsung up on Anandtech to compare and it blows my drive out of the water.  Would love to see how much a difference there is.  I already see only 2 seconds of the Windows 8 logo when booting :)

Wish I had the money to buy an upgrade although the current drive does what I need it to!

Already putting in work to this drive :D

Most of it was testing, but now after setting up my good 2TB, I relocated everything onto there, except some essentials and games as I like to mod them.

Anyone know of a better program to handle/create partitions on a drive?  The Windows disk utility limits me to I believe 3 or 4 partitions... 

x2l841.png

With the glowing reviews Samsung has been collecting for their SSDs, I've been taking a gander at the software that is included with them - SAMSUNG Magician.

Somehow, Samsung has kept on sneaking/squeezing in new features with each version of the software - version 4.2 (out now) includes a benchmarking utility that can measure performance of ALL your internal drives - solid state or otherwise.  (That's one less utility needed.)  Yes - Magician will work (to an extent) with both SSDs of other brands, or without an SSD installed at all. (In my case, I don't have an SSD installed yet - primarily, that's due to running multiple OSes - four at current count, split among two mechanical drives.)  If you are running 4.0 or 4.1 of Magician, update to 4.2 - if you have another BRAND of SSD in your Windows-based PC, download Magician anyway - you may still find it quite usable.