What are you playing?

I'm just curious what everyone is playing these days. I used to be a HUGE mmo addict, I mean playing WoW 18 hours straight on weekends and every night after work. That was for easily 3-4 years. Before that I spent a great deal of time in Asheron's Call. With the release of Rift, I took the approach of levlling at a normal place and enoying the game but even that has gone stale for me. I really got into Diablo 3 for a while and quickly got bored with it, same with Torchlight 2. I've bought quite a few games, none of which I've gone very in like the new Tomb Raider (which seems excellent), Metro, etc. The one game that hasn't bored me yet and keeps me playing is actually SimCity.

I'm actually looking for a good single player game that will take my mind off work and not be a ton of work but just a good shooter with a fun storyline and no complex character development. Resistance for PS3 was a good example as I really enjoyed the storyline, but I am looking for something similar on PC.

So, I guess I wonder what people are playing currently to see if I can get into what's being played now.

So it's not a new release but if you're looking for something old school design wise, Hard Reset is a good no-nonsense FPS to choose. Cheap too (Y)

Cool I'll check it out, thx.

Serious Sam 3 BFE. Starts out pretty generic railway shooter, but soon gets back to its open spaces and dungeons with switches. And his oneliners are cool, too.

"Fail-safe? Is that some kind of vault you keep all your fail in?"

Downloaded this last night, and I like it so far. Nice graphics and cool gameplay so far. I'm wondering why it's free...

If you haven't checked out Skyrim, give it a try.  I recommend waiting until the next Steam sell where the Skyrim Legendary Edition is <$30. 

I didn't get into the previous Elder Scroll games much.  But Skyrim sucked me in from the beginning sequence and before I knew it I had hundreds of hours of gameplay.  It isn't for everyone, but it is kind of in this single player MMO category (because it is so massive).  Unlike other RPG style games, you just play Skyrim and enjoy the story telling.  You can focus on the particulars of customizing your character but for the most part you just play and have fun.

Currently playing:

Torchlight II
Witcher II
Under the Ocean.

I just bought the Humble Bundle, and got a vunch of games for 5$, and bought a bunch during the Steam summer sale.   Have more than enough games to keep me entertained.

I am enjoying the remake of rise of the triad

fast paced old school shooter :)     definately more fun in the first couple of levels then i had in other shooters.  just because of fast pace running and jumping

I got some games on Steam summer sale!

- Tomb Raider (2013)

- Bioshock: Infinite
- Tomb Raider: Aniversary

- Portal 2

I was playing "Mass Effect 3" months ago.

Sim City 4

Skyrim

StarCraft 2

X-COM Enemy Unknown

I bought a bunch of other games too during the Stream Summer Sale, but those are the PC games I'm playing right now.

Torchlight 2

Retro City Rampage

Cube World

and just about finished BioShock Infinite for 1st time.

I've been wanting to try out Cube World, any good?

I am enjoying the remake of rise of the triad

fast paced old school shooter :)     definately more fun in the first couple of levels then i had in other shooters.  just because of fast pace running and jumping

Is it worth picking up?

Is it as good as the original Dark War (Assuming you played the original)?

I've been wanting to try out Cube World, any good?

Is it worth picking up?

Is it as good as the original Dark War (Assuming you played the original)?

it depends, it is different, obviously.     but it is as good as i would have expected from the remake, this people obviously knew what they were doing.   platforming bits are a bit annoying, but otherwise gameplay is just as expected.

and yes i played every well know first person shooter from wolf3d till goldeneye, after which there were just too many of them for me to follow, even if only the high profile ones.

personally, i was a huge fan of Heretic,  which was released around the some time, so i cannot say i played the original for too long though...

Oh wow, I remember my Heretic days, loved that game. Anyways, been trying Path of Exile a little bit but dying a lot lol. Serious Sam 3 is pretty fun too.

it depends, it is different, obviously.     but it is as good as i would have expected from the remake, this people obviously knew what they were doing.   platforming bits are a bit annoying, but otherwise gameplay is just as expected.

and yes i played every well know first person shooter from wolf3d till goldeneye, after which there were just too many of them for me to follow, even if only the high profile ones.

personally, i was a huge fan of Heretic,  which was released around the some time, so i cannot say i played the original for too long though...

I may have to give the new one a try.

Oh man, good ol' Heretic...I miss that game.

Currently playing through

Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita)

Saints Row: The Third (PS3)

Halo: Spartan Assault (Win 8, WP8)

My Wife is playing

Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)

Skyrim... Wordament... and recently I've picked up Black & White 2 again.

[edit]

While I patiently wait for game prices to drop and "new" games to become "old" games.

FlatOut Total Carnage, Portal 2, Diablo 3 (Windows 8)

Kingdoms of Alumar, Wipeout Fusion, Tekken Revolution (PS3)

Playing Dust: An Elysian Tail here and there. Awesome story. Apparently it was created by one guy (both coding and artwork). I suppose the only thing he did not do was the voices. Mostly I just play Path of Exile. I played through Diablo III on highest monster levels, farmed every place millions of times, have over 320,000 DPS. It got boring, needless to say. PoE is an amazing game. Still needs a lot of work, but it is off to a great start. Well, I was actually quite late to join it. Now that I am there, I enjoy it. I can recommend if you try this that you should start off with a tank build because once you get to Merciless difficulty, you will get very frustrated.

Picking up Divinity: Dragon Commander today. I am not very good at strategy games but I wanted to give it a try because it seems very unique for the genre. Plus you can control dragons in third-person and destroy ######, aawwhh yyeeaahh!

• Like 1

Playing...

• Dirt 3
  • Company of Heroes.
  • Dragon Age 2
  • Hitman Absolution (almost finished)
  • and starting to play DisHonored...

<snip>

While I patiently wait for game prices to drop and "new" games to become "old" games.

I do that :D

THANK YOU SIR!

i am playing it now and it is very fun!   amazing cartoon graphics, and it is a great game with an oldschool feel (platformer and RPGish).  played it for 2 hours, and looking forward to play it again.

Playing Dust: An Elysian Tail here and there. Awesome story. Apparently it was created by one guy (both coding and artwork).