Panda antivirus 2013

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 arjad

arjad

Neowinian

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:49

Hi,

how efficient is Panda antivirus 2013. It has firewall, antivirus and virtual keyboard, and should be complete internet suite ? 

#2 lars77

lars77

Neowinian

Posted 02 August 2013 - 13:31

Hopefully it's better nowadays?

The older versions weren't great.  I had it at work & ended up hating it.  Very slow, large memory footprint, the last straw was when malware was still getting onto the PC's anyway.  (incidentally I was also part of the Panda Cloud beta, that sucked too)

#3 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• Tech Issues Solved: 11
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.1u1

Posted 02 August 2013 - 13:37

Tests are midranged i suppose

http://anti-virus-so...nda-review.html

#4 Silpheed2K

Silpheed2K

Neowinian

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:07

If you want an excellent antivirus, check out Kasperky. You can get it for $20 on Amazon.

http://www.kaspersky.com

You want Internet Security or PURE

#5 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:05

Hi,

how efficient is Panda antivirus 2013. It has firewall, antivirus and virtual keyboard, and should be complete internet suite ? 

It's good kit.  Not the best (that crown seems to be held by Kaspersky atm) but good nonetheless.

Hopefully it's better nowadays?

The older versions weren't great.  I had it at work & ended up hating it.  Very slow, large memory footprint, the last straw was when malware was still getting onto the PC's anyway.  (incidentally I was also part of the Panda Cloud beta, that sucked too)

I love Panda Cloud now (ver 2.2.)  1.x certainly had issues, 2.1.1 still had notable issues on win8, but it's finally the product I wanted it to be.  I love Pros firewall.

If you want an excellent antivirus, check out Kasperky. You can get it for $20 on Amazon.

The awkward part is 2014 just came out and I have no idea if those are upgradable or not.

#6 Silpheed2K

Silpheed2K

Neowinian

Posted 03 August 2013 - 13:04

You can download 2014 and use a key from 2013. Just make sure it's not older than a year for the license. All kaspersky products include updates to the latest version. So that isn't an issue at all.

#7 TheSa1nt

TheSa1nt

Neowinian

Posted 05 August 2013 - 23:28

I like the idea of Panda but for some reason I kept getting blue screen (bsod) errors in Windows when it was doing it's scan of system directories. I switched to AVG which worked fine and then bailed from that into Microsoft Security Essentials and have been with it since. :)

#8 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:50

Webroot is far superior. Less resource usage and easy to install. Works on Server 2012 with not a problem at all. Very lean. 

Install size:

3.PNG

DB size:

2.PNG

Task manager:

4.PNG

I had Panda and it was more resource intensive and would lock up quite a bit. 

I highly recommend WebRoot.