• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• 1,356 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:22

New PS4 Bundle to include the PS Vita at $500 in the US.

Save: $150 (Based on current price of Vita and launch price of PS4)

#2 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

• 8,787 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:47

Sold.

#3 compl3x

compl3x

Space coyote

• 8,811 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:17

If you don't own a vita now but are a PS+ member and you remember to download the vita content every month so it gets added to your download list you can go out, buy this bundle and have a heap of great content waiting for you to add to your Vita.

I really hope Sony can find a way to improve Vita sales. At this point PS4/Vita bundles seem to be the only option (price drops have been ruled out)

#4 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• 8,055 posts
  • Phone: Android (4.4.2)

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:26

Hmm.. wonder if this will launch in Canada.  The PS4 is a sure buy for me.. wondering if the 100$ extra for the vita would be worth it.. 

#5 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• 6,663 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:27

A cool bundle for those that don't have a Vita like me. But, I thought the Vita's library was lacking? Is there anything worth playing on it? (And don't say remote play with the PS4)

#6 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

• 8,787 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 22:37

A cool bundle for those that don't have a Vita like me. But, I thought the Vita's library was lacking? Is there anything worth playing on it? (And don't say remote play with the PS4)

Chicken and the egg.  There are some games worth playing, with a few more coming out (Tearaway from Media Molecule comes to mind), but get some Vita's out in gamers' hands, and more devs will make games.  

In addition to remote play, there's also a few games that essentially bundle the PS3 (or PS4) game with a Vita version as well.  MLB: The Show comes to mind.

#7 The Teej

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian

• 7,097 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 22:42

I gotta say if this came to the UK I'd definitely get this. Thinking about getting a Vita for a while now.

#8 ahhell

ahhell

Neowinian Senior

• 8,896 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 22:45

This needs a big giant rumour posted on it as quoting some "anonymous source" is hardly FACT.

If this is true, the day one purchasers are getting screwed badly.

That being said I'd be much more willing to buy this bundle than the PS4 by itself.

#9 Brian M.

Brian M.

Neowinian Senior

• 12,810 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 22:47

If you have PS+ then a vita is well worth owning, especially with the upcoming PS4 integration (which I'm hoping is as good as it sounds).

People say it's been a flop, but I love my Vita!

#10 Andrew

Andrew

Guardian

• 25,235 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 22:54

Still not sold. There's simply no games I'm interested in on the Vita that I either couldn't play somewhere else, buy cheaper elsewhere or play a "full" version rather than a portable spin off.

I've been downloading all the Vita games on PS+, so I guess if it ever drops in price to something I think is acceptable I'll be set up with something to play.

#11 ahhell

ahhell

Neowinian Senior

• 8,896 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 23:03

Still not sold. There's simply no games I'm interested in on the Vita that I either couldn't play somewhere else, buy cheaper elsewhere or play a "full" version rather than a portable spin off.

I've been downloading all the Vita games on PS+, so I guess if it ever drops in price to something I think is acceptable I'll be set up with something to play.

I'm only considering buying one to play Persona 4 Golden which isn't available on any other system.

#12 Showan

Showan

Neowinian Senior

• 1,992 posts
  • Phone: Lumia Icon

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:52

This needs a big giant rumour posted on it as quoting some "anonymous source" is hardly FACT.

If this is true, the day one purchasers are getting screwed badly.

That being said I'd be much more willing to buy this bundle than the PS4 by itself.

You took the words right out of my mouth..
This bundle, would definitely be a game changer

#13 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• 15,303 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 23:18

Got my interest.  Hope that it is true.  I'd go for that.  I've been eying the Vita since it was released.

I've been gravitating towards the PS4 as my most likely next-gen console.  If the PS4 had backwards compatibility with PS3 games, then it would be a sure thing since I currently don't have a PS3 and would like to play some of the exclusive titles.

The XBox 360 has been great so far, don't get me wrong.  I'm mostly annoyed at the fact that Kinect for the XBox One is bundled.  I have Kinect for the 360 and it rarely gets used by anyone these days.  Its mostly an eye-sore on the entertainment center.  We had it on top of our TV but hated the "Johnny 5" look.  Now it is lower and it keeps picking up the dog tail wags as us waving at it or it "hears" it self saying "Pause" or "Stop" while we are trying to watch something (I know, we need to recalibrate).  Overall, I'd say I'm really disappointed in Microsoft's decision to bundle One with Kinect because I had already consciously dismissed the notion of getting it...  Definitely not paying extra for a peripheral that I do not want.

#14 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• 3,974 posts
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack/Core i7 4790K/16GB DDR3 1600/Samsung 840 Pro 128GB x 2 - Raid 0/Transcend M.2 256GB/ASRock Z97E-ITXac/GTX 760
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 19 August 2013 - 23:27

I think this is why there are rumors MS will include a AAA game with the XBone. I'm not really interested in the Vita, but it's a good deal. Let the battle begin ... hardball.

#15 Zedox

Zedox

Neowinian

• 854 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 23:46

Bundling a game vs. another system are two different things. Vita is well worth more.