• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

• 6,835 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S/Nexus 5

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:23

Hate gmail especially now that they have added this annoying "someone logged into you account, was it you" warning every time i use a vpn or try to connect from my email client. So damn annoying, yes it is me get a goddamn idea.

<3 outlook, i am really mad i decided to go with gmail as my main provider but now i hate it so much and i have no choice but to continue using it because of all the sites and everytihng associated with my gmail email.

It's not going to magically know it's you. I do love both Microsoft and Gmail for supporting two factor authentication. It is nice knowing there is an additional layer of security on top of passwords. 

#17 Stokkolm

Stokkolm

Neowinian Senior

• 3,105 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 1520

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:00

It's not going to magically know it's you. I do love both Microsoft and Gmail for supporting two factor authentication. It is nice knowing there is an additional layer of security on top of passwords.

Agreed, just yesterday MS alerted me that someone was trying to access my account. Thank goodness for two factor authentication.

#18 Shiranui

Shiranui

Iconoclast

• 4,111 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:18

https://www.guerrillamail.com/

#19 dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• 10,709 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:26

The new inbox tabs of Gmail are absolutely fantastic, but what really kills Outlook.com for me is the lack of IMAP support. When they implement that, I'll start considering it.

You know, it's surprising. When they talked about inbox tabs, I thought "pfffft, I'll never use that..."

Then they break you in with some preset ones.

And then you realize... this is awesome.

I've made it clear that I'm not a fan of Google, but Gmail is something I feel they do very well with and is why I unfortunately can't make the dive away from their service. It's simple without robbing you of options. I also prefer the layout of Gmail over Outlook.com. I still use my Outlook account, but only for small work use.

#20 +Kyle

Kyle

Resident One Name Wonder

• 925 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:25

I use Outlook.com for my clients email addresses. The free domain hosting is wonderful and it works great. :)