Chrome Sync

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 +bman

bman

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:57

So chrome has the ability to sync with your account all data, apps, passwords, bookmarks etc.

I have it set to sync everything, yet every time I have installed Chrome on another computer, or a fresh install, the apps get messed up. There is always a bunch of apps that didn't install, and basically go missing.

Half the time if it wasn't one I used often, I might not even notice till down the road..

Am I the only one? What's going on?

#2 roguekiller23231

roguekiller23231

Neowinian

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:00

i've got a load of apps installed and have had to re sync after a reinstall and use the same apps/bookmarks on another computer, never had anything missing.

it does take a while for chrome to completely download everything before it all shows up, but it's usually all there with a few extra's usually that i delete.

#3 +Yorak

Yorak

Insubordinate

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:40

Are they actual apps or userscripts/userstyles? If they are actual apps then that is odd.

#4 revanmj

revanmj

Neowinian

• Phone: Galaxy Nexus

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:24

Generally, syncing for apps and extensions work only for those downloaded from Chrome Web Store. If you installed some manually, they won't sync.

#5 OP +bman

bman

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 August 2013 - 16:00

I have userscripts, and they are backed up fine with Tampermonkey.

All are downloaded from Chrome Web Store, not sure where else you'd get them lol

Maybe I just don't wait long enough, but seems like some get lost. I might have to re-install soon, so we will see.

So I should be able to install, log into my account, and all things will be as they were? No extra steps needed?