Photo
ps3

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 OP MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack/Core i7 4790K/16GB DDR3 1600/Samsung 840 Pro 128GB x 2 - Raid 0/Transcend M.2 256GB/ASRock Z97E-ITXac/GTX 760
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 07 August 2013 - 19:34

but what about SIXAXIS support??? $100+ just to use a 360 controller on the PS3 isnt really worth it

Sixaxis, the one game it made sense in, Heavenly Sword, I thought it sucked and used the d-pad. I had to have an Xbox Wireless controller for the PC anyway, so ... but yeah, it's not cheap. It was worth it for me because, "for me", the PS3 controller is so bad it makes the PS3 not worth it. Btw, it allows you to use a cheaper wired controller as well. I'm just over wires.

#17 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• Phone: Xperia Z3

Posted 07 August 2013 - 19:41

God no; the Dualshock 3 is a lot better controller than the 360's IMO; I've always hated how the 360's controller feels and handles.

Yes if you have tiny girl hands. I have big meaty man-hands for strangling Badgers, I get Carpal Tunnel within half an hour of using a PS3 controller.

#18 ahhell

ahhell

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 August 2013 - 19:53

Sixaxis support really isn't a big lose.

It always felt awkward anyway.  Trying to hold the controller perfectly horizontal is completely unnatural.

I just wish the price of the adapter was a bit cheaper.

#19 ShadowMajestic

ShadowMajestic

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 07 August 2013 - 19:56

wait... you prefer the PS3 controller for racing games, over the 360 ? .... of all the gametypes to prefer the PS3 controller for, that is the most baffling. 

Well I've played GT/NFS and all on the PSX/PS2 and PS3 :p

I prefer them side by side for steering/throttle, the deadzone of the 360 controller is way to narrow for my taste in racing. But way to wide in the PS controller for shooters.

and before that, the sega and Nintendo didn't do analogue sticks.

Sixaxis support really isn't a big lose.

It always felt awkward anyway.  Trying to hold the controller perfectly horizontal is completely unnatural.

I just wish the price of the adapter was a bit cheaper.

Most games that support SIXAXIS on PS3/Vita so far seem to take your default controller position as 'horizontal' from the games I've used it in.

Can be a fun addition, forgot name but in early PS3 days there was this tiny spacey shooter on a planetlike ball with rocks and comets to shoot into bits that used the sixaxis for special weapons and such, quite fun as you had your fingers occupied enough and shaking the controller is easier than pressing X with both thumbs on the sticks :)

#20 red.

red.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:13

For something like the Last of Us, you need sixaxis to charge the torch. Can this setting be turned off? Otherwise you could end up having to play the game in the dark if you're using this.

#21 JonnyLH

JonnyLH

I say things.

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:15

Yes if you have tiny girl hands. I have big meaty man-hands for strangling Badgers, I get Carpal Tunnel within half an hour of using a PS3 controller.

I have tiny hands and the 360 is still definitely the controller to use, even though my childhood has been spent with a dualshock. Lack of innovation over the years really shows. The 360 controller is just more ergonomic.

#22 OP MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack/Core i7 4790K/16GB DDR3 1600/Samsung 840 Pro 128GB x 2 - Raid 0/Transcend M.2 256GB/ASRock Z97E-ITXac/GTX 760

Posted 08 August 2013 - 14:08

For something like the Last of Us, you need sixaxis to charge the torch. Can this setting be turned off? Otherwise you could end up having to play the game in the dark if you're using this.

Well that's just ridiculous and bass acckwards. Can't believe Naughty Dog did that. Sixaxis is basically dead and useless. You have to provide an alternative.

Anyway, I've read if you save and reload it will be fully charged, lol. I haven't bought it yet, but I planned on it. I might give it a pass or wait to find it used on eBay.

#23 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 16
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 08 August 2013 - 14:13

personally if I was going to do anything with the PS3 as far as not using the ds3, then I'd use this http://store.xim3.co...-EDGE_p_12.html so I could use a keyboard and mouse

#24 OP MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

Posted 08 August 2013 - 14:20

personally if I was going to do anything with the PS3 as far as not using the ds3, then I'd use this http://store.xim3.co...-EDGE_p_12.html so I could use a keyboard and mouse

The Cronus also allows mouse and keyboard :D in the Form Factor of a thumb drive. It does a lot for $55, but that's still a lot. Plus you can download map your own settings/Macros if you're into that. Basically let's you use DS3/XB Wired & Wireless/Keyboard and Mouse with PC/Xbox/and or PS3.

#25 AJerman

AJerman

Boomer Sooner!

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 08 August 2013 - 14:27

I wonder if they'll come up with something like this for the PS4 as well. Granted we haven't played with the new controller, and it does look a lot better than previous, but the 360 controller is pretty widely considered one of the best game console controllers ever. Playstation controls have always been a bit awkward to me. I guess I'll see how quickly I can adapt to the DS4.

Keyboard and mouse connectivity would be awesome for FPS style games too.

#26 +MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 08 August 2013 - 14:35

I like this!

I do like a good game on the ol' PlayStation but ever since the Xbox controller surfaced, i've not been able to use a PS controller comfortably. 

#27 REM2000

REM2000

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 August 2013 - 14:43

this sounds perfect, i do like the selection of games on the PS3 but the PS controller does hurt my hands after a bit, i really love the layout and control of the Xbox controller and it's the main reason i preordered the xbox one over the PS4.

#28 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 16
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 08 August 2013 - 14:44

The Cronus also allows mouse and keyboard :D in the Form Factor of a thumb drive. It does a lot for $55, but that's still a lot. Plus you can download map your own settings/Macros if you're into that. Basically let's you use DS3/XB Wired & Wireless/Keyboard and Mouse with PC/Xbox/and or PS3.

from every review i've ever seen the xim works better for keyboard & mouse than the cronus. but the fact that the cronus allows you to use either controller is an interesting concept to say the least :)

#29 OP MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

Posted 08 August 2013 - 14:48

from every review i've ever seen the xim works better for keyboard & mouse than the cronus. but the fact that the cronus allows you to use either controller is an interesting concept to say the least :)

I can see how that is probably true since with the Cronus, the mouse "has" to pass through the keyboard.