Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
New Animals

In UK, how much is Lumia 1020 expected to cost?

9 posts in this topic

My contract ends on September 19th and I would like to buy the Lumia 1020 on contract if it's out before then and if it has a good price.

Atm, I can buy the Lumia 925 for free on contract ?27 a month which gives me 500 mins and texts and 1gb of data (from moneysupermarket.com, using cashback).

Does anyone know how much a similar deal would likely cost on the 1020? I'm hoping not too much as I would love to have that phone.

Thanks!!

For 1020 contract - my estimate is ?40/month and upfront ?99 or ?199 one off payment on 3 network for 24 months for their One Plan...

BUT...If you can hold on til Xmas holiday season, there is a POSSIBILITY (likelihood??) that GDR3 could come with a load of new WP8 devs...

A crapton of money. ?599 off contract from expansys

That's disappointing.. looks like I'll have to get the 925.

I have been looking at this phone also and have been told that I could maybe get it free on a ?30/month on a 12 month contract with Tesco mobile but seeing as they dont have a date when they will be getting it in i'm not holding my breath.

I have been looking at this phone also and have been told that I could maybe get it free on a ?30/month on a 12 month contract with Tesco mobile but seeing as they dont have a date when they will be getting it in i'm not holding my breath.

24 month contract, MAYBE. 12 month? Not a freaking chance.

1 person likes this

Get the 1020 if you find the 41Mpx camera important, otherwise the 925 is all you need.

Get the 1020 if you find the 41Mpx camera important, otherwise the 925 is all you need.

+1 and if its a two year contract, i wouldn't get a WP device at all considering next generation devices will be released by Nokia end of this year and will feature 1080p screens, quad core processor plus 2 GB ram. I would rather get an Android if I wanted my phone to last for next two years. 

What about this:

1) a new camera + Lumia 925

OR

2) Lumia 1020

My current camera is 10 years old. By new camera I'd buy a decent point and click one, definitely not a pro or anything. Decision making gets harder and harder!!!