20 posts in this topic

Posted

CLEVELAND (AP)

Posted

Woohoo!!! He just saved us some tax dollars!!!

5 people like this

Posted

I guess he was in a hurry.

Posted

Woohoo!!! He just saved us some tax dollars!!!

Just the cost of the execution itself. Probably negligible considering the cost of his long jail term and all the appeals.

Posted

Just the cost of the execution itself. Probably negligible considering the cost of his long jail term and all the appeals.

eh... little here little there....

Posted

We could have helped him a long time ago if he had just asked us. 

Posted

We could have helped him a long time ago if he had just asked us. 

I doubt he was in a hurry. He was just spitting in the face of justice by taking his own life, on his terms, and denying the court the opportunity to enact the sentence.

He might be dead, but basically, he wins.

Posted

He waited 25 years??? just to hang himself at the last minute??? guess he wanted to go on his own terms.. sucks he missed out on his last meal though.

Posted

I was just reading about this in the news Paper this morning here in Ohio, I am not certain with why someone would want to do that as they were going to be executed anyway perhaps they wanted to go on their own terms.

Posted

I was just reading about this in the news Paper this morning here in Ohio, I am not certain with why someone would want to do that as they were going to be executed anyway perhaps they wanted to go on their own terms.

That, and it's a big F.U. to the system.

Posted

That, and it's a big F.U. to the system.

Why would it be an FU to the system?  It really doesn't matter if the guy kills himself, or somebody else does it, then death sentence still was upheld.

You make it sound like somebody is going to be extremely bummed that they didn't get to go thru with the injection.

Honestly, the biggest FU to the system is when these people get free food and housing for the rest of their life, while the tax payers foot the bill.

Posted

Why would it be an FU to the system?  It really doesn't matter if the guy kills himself, or somebody else does it, then death sentence still was upheld.

You make it sound like somebody is going to be extremely bummed that they didn't get to go thru with the injection.

Honestly, the biggest FU to the system is when these people get free food and housing for the rest of their life, while the tax payers foot the bill.

When someone's going to kill you, and you know there's nothing you can do to stop them, all you can really do is beat them to it and deprive them of the "pleasure".

1 person likes this

Posted

LOL yes it is a big F.U to the system... Well good for him :)

Posted

You can't fire me, I quit!

Posted

When someone's going to kill you, and you know there's nothing you can do to stop them, all you can really do is beat them to it and deprive them of the "pleasure".

Pleasure of who?  The court will be happy that the problem solved itself.  It will save money and time, and they can now move onto the next one quicker.

Even though the guy was behind bars and facing eventually execution, his confined life was still of higher quality than say staving people living in 3rd world countries.  He chose to end it early and give up the rest of his days on Earth.  Good on him and the court will probably give him a round of applause.

Posted

He might be dead, but basically, he wins.

Not my idea of winning, that's for sure.

Posted

People want to see and kill others..Watching them suffer is pleasure to them. He took is own life...therefore he wins.

Posted

Not my idea of winning, that's for sure.

I think he was just tired of the appeals, depressed, and afraid to face the official execution.

Posted

I would imagine that being hanged is far worse than dying from lethal injection.

Posted

I hope so. Good riddance.