SONY you now have my undivided attention

As everyone on NEOWIN knows, I've been on a Sony rant as of late.

No I'm not a complete Sony hater, a lot of the things in my house have the Sony name on them. (2x PS3's, Camera, TV, even the ear-buds that are in my ear as I type this) etc.

But I was a bit upset at the price point of the PS4 and what am I getting for $400..

I was advocating a $500 PS4 sku w/ PS Vita included (even $550 would be acceptable),

And then this rumor popped up..

NOW IM IN 100% if this if true.  Day1 edition PS4, you are going to eBay to pay for this new bundle (was gonna cancel it).

Can't watch video can you resume what it is all about?

Rumor has it, that Sony will do a PS4/Vita bundle for $500.

Said bundle, rumored to be out end of year

And they are really trying to push the "remote play" for PS4 games

now that you mention it, would MS make surface as hand-held companion device for xbox one ?

I believe they are trying to really push smart glass and probably want gamers using a, surface or windows phone over android or i-device.

But the Vita is a gaming console first and foremost... tablets and smartphones are not.

This has already been posted.

Can we move our comments over to that thread then?

I assume they would have to bundle a memory card too? You'd only get 4GB and I can assure you that isn't large enough.

I think the proprietary memory card has done a lot (if not the most) damage to the Vita.

I bought a 64GB class 10 microSD card for my phone the other day for $65

32GB vita memory cards are anywhere between $110-$115

It's absurd.

I assume they would have to bundle a memory card too? You'd only get 4GB and I can assure you that isn't large enough.

I think the proprietary memory card has done a lot (if not the most) damage to the Vita.

I bought a 64GB class 10 microSD card for my phone the other day for $65

32GB vita memory cards are anywhere between $110-$115

It's absurd.

isn't there a way around that?

On another note, I'll have to go in to my local Game and ask if they know anything about this bundle, I'd gladly swap my preorder for that (if indeed confirmed)

I wasn't really interesting in the Vita.. at all before seeing that video above.

Playing PS4 games via remote play while laying in bed on the Vita would be nice. :)

I wasn't really interesting in the Vita.. at all before seeing that video above.

Playing PS4 games via remote play while laying in bed on the Vita would be nice. :)

They had this on the PS3 and PSP didn't they?

I'd love to see how smooth it is, if its like actually sat there playing the game on the big screen then its a killer feature for reasons like you said. 

Well, I think this is obvious if you look at the sales of the PSVita world wide.

One question I do have though is how can you use it for remote play if the PS Vita doesn't have triggers?  Are they going to add in triggers or use touch or what?

I hope it's not touch because that would be disastrous. 

Well, I think this is obvious if you look at the sales of the PSVita world wide.

One question I do have though is how can you use it for remote play if the PS Vita doesn't have triggers?  Are they going to add in triggers or use touch or what?

I would guess rear touch pad for less critical actions. Not ideal, but small price to pay for remote play.

I would guess rear touch pad for less critical actions. Not ideal, but small price to pay for remote play.

I have to be honest that doesn't sound good at all :-(  I really hope it wouldn't be this because that would be a deal breaker.

I have to be honest that doesn't sound good at all :-(  I really hope it wouldn't be this because that would be a deal breaker.

Have you used a Vita?

Two of your fingers tend to navigate towards the back panel anyway. I really don't think it'd be a "deal breaker".

VitaButtons.jpg

This would be a great deal for sure. I'm not a big handheld gaming fan, so I haven't been interested in a Vita.

At that price though, it would be very tempting. My issue with handhelds is simply that I am rarely in a situation where having gaming in my hands is useful and I very much prefer playing my console games on my tv and not a small screen. The remote play feature is cool, but I don't see myself wanting to play ps4 games in bed via a Vita.

It will work the same as it does now for remote play on ps3/vita. You will have to assign sections of the rear touchpad for the triggers (L2-R2) and thumbstick buttons (L3-R3).

Works well in a few games, some games also allow use of the bumpers instead.

vitaback.jpg

edit: added image

Edited by RatherLargeBear

I tried to set up the rear touch for some of my PS1 games but I couldn't get it to work. I don't know, maybe I ######ed something up on it.