Getting ready to possibly cut the cord

Well test it out now while you can since there are no caps now with Comcast (except in TN and 1 more place I forget which). So see how much data you actually use with Netflix and Hulu trials and see if it's enough of your shows as well are covered.

Looks like Nashville and Tuscon are the two markets where there are data caps... that sucks for anyone in those areas with Comcast...

That is actually an interesting point... I didn't consider that dropping the bundle might lower my cap, that could be problematic.

I am also ****ed with Comcast Cable and all its bull**** channels I dont watch and pay for. But I got a good bundle, Cable-Internet-Phone. I just switched to the new X1 Platform and the UI difference is like night and day. Aslo I got them to give the Extreme Internet at 110 mbps down and 22 mbps up for just another $20 a month extra. All in all I pay $159 for all three not including equipment costs but including free DVR. And the Data Cap is Transparent Non Existent, But its there Bud internally. :)

It's might be an option for you but it's not for me. My wife would kill me if she couldn't get network television. Watching it later is not an option. Myself, I could care less until Doctor Who comes on, and then I would be mighty upset if I couldn't watch it right then.

I am also ****ed with Comcast Cable and all its bull**** channels I dont watch and pay for. But I got a good bundle, Cable-Internet-Phone. I just switched to the new X1 Platform and the UI difference is like night and day. Aslo I got them to give the Extreme Internet at 110 mbps down and 22 mbps up for just another $20 a month extra. All in all I pay $159 for all three not including equipment costs but including free DVR. And the Data Cap is Transparent Non Existent, But its there Bud internally. :)

I pay just a little more than you do there for cable (which I never watch), my "Blast" Internet (55/10) and Xfinity phone which I will never ever use. The only reason I got this was due to the sales person pitching me on the "incredible" cost savings for all three as a package... it's incredible alright.

Since I never use the phone or TV options I am just annoyed having them in the first place and paying for them.

• 4 months later...

I suppose my opinion may not be as valid, only being a college student living in a college dorm, but for me, even once I move out into my own apartment, I won't be getting cable. As a younger kid, I used to love watching TV shows and stuff, but as time went on and I became older (and school-work began taking up more of my life  :p ), I just was watching TV less and less, until it came down to me only watching Doctor Who, The Amazing Race, and a few others. Most of my shows I got off the Internet, so the time soon came where I just stopped watching it all altogether. Haven't turned on a TV myself in over a year, at least, except to connect it to my laptop. :)

Another thing I could mention is my dad, who for years and years paid for DirecTV, but recently, he bought a PS3, got rid of DirecTV, and is now watching Netflix over his PS3. I think it really works well for him because he enjoys watching older TV shows and movies, and Netflix has a big collection of them. I only wonder how he keeps up with sports, but, like someone else mentioned, he probably gets by watching them on the local channels.