The Wii U is doing really bad, 3DS is doing great

SEGA, inexplicably, would not (could not) cough up the money for its development. Nintendo stepped in with the cash, and fans of the original are now stuck with the dilemma of whether or not they should buy an otherwise pointless console just to play one game.

A pity, in one sense (purely for the reason you stated, I am one of those users who couldn't afford to buy a whole console just to play one game)

But I honestly would have thought it would have been released multiplatform like (I think) the original was.

A pity, in one sense (purely for the reason you stated, I am one of those users who couldn't afford to buy a whole console just to play one game)

But I honestly would have thought it would have been released multiplatform like (I think) the original was.

If I were Platinum Games, I would hope so. Perhaps, Nintendo will let them release it later on, after sales of the WiiU have proved poor.

• Like 1

If I were Platinum Games, I would hope so. Perhaps, Nintendo will let them release it later on, after sales of the WiiU have proved poor.

Pretty much wont happen.

Wii-U not selling well is not a big deal really.

Nintendo is still outselling other consoles with the 3DS.

Nintendo is still making millions and millions of dollars.

In another 12 months time, the Wii U will have enough first party games to warrant a purchase for even the most hardened of Nintendo critics. 

Nintendo will release another full console after the Wii U, not matter how bad the Wii U does. They will learn from their mistakes, and they have enough cash and brains to do this. 

The only people that really loose out are the people that paid full price for Wii U's on release, only to have barely any good games for the first year. I am one of those people but im not complaining. I'm too busy having a blast with the excellent Pikmin 3. 

1) Nintendo is outselling the consoles that are 7 and 8 years old with the 3DS and only for one real month at least by NPD standards.

2) If the first party games are not as quality as they used to be and offer the same gameplay, then what is the point?

3) If Nintendo makes another console then it will fail again unless they do something drastic.

I know you are a diehard Nintendo fan.  I can tell from your reaction.  However, the problems are real and they are there.  Just because Nintendo has lots of money, that doesn't mean that they can keep making the same mistakes over and over again and somehow succeed, that's not how real life works.

Anytime you are not making money, it's a big deal.

\Go tell Nintendo investors that. I am sure they'll have a few choice words for you.

Nintendo ran out of gimmicks on the Wii, they threw everything at it.  UbiSoft actually had a tablet called something like Wii Draw.

Tablets are all the rage today, but you can buy any tablet you want and it will work with the Xbox One and PS4 out of the box.  So, that just kills any features that Nintendo has.

Microsoft even has a dedicated WiFi Radio and chipset for WiFi Direct that will work with every Laptop/Tablet/Smartphone and of course a next generation Kinect 2.0 that does everything that Nintendo has and more.

If you're going to bring something up at least put in some effort instead of posting fud. Drawsome and U Draw were accessories for Ubisoft and THQ respectively. THQ saw huge success for the U Draw on the Wii, so much so they doubled down on it for a sequel which flopped and probably contributed most to their eventual closure. Neither accessory was in any shape or form trying to replicate a tablet computer or any of the functionality Microsoft and Sony was working on for their consoles. It was a drawing tablet, that's it.

^Ya know yogurt, you could made that typical "nintendo should go 3rd party" post alot simpler than that.

The only remake coming for the wii u is Wind Waker HD. Just cause they're doing 1 remake doesn't mean that's all they're doing.

I think he meant the 2011 re-releases on Wii U which had added features. i.e Batman etc. Along with the DS/3DS remakes.

Over here, I think game stores (the brick and mortar ones) are partly to blame too.

I went into HMV today - they had 4 Wii U games on the shelf at full ?49.99 each, and nothing else. It kinda makes me sad, since the Wii U is actually a fantastic console to use (I, for example, love the fact that I can take the gamepad downstairs and just carry on playing) - it just severely lacks content.

GAME and HMV still haven't learnt their lesson from 2012, HMV moreso. However, it's important to keep them alive because otherwise we're left with shops like ASDA/Morrisons etc being the only presence on the high street for games. And as we've seen the last few weeks they aren't shy about dropping support for games if they don't sell. That is bad news for the UK and all involved. There's also the argument the current gen has lasted too long and it has cannibalised sales of hardware. It's probably very true as far as brick and mortar stores are concerned. We know developers, publishers and the manufacturers were all happy to see the consoles live longer than anticipated because of the costs involved on their side, but how do you sell something 8 years old and keep people enthused about it. Game sales obviously aren't enough to live off which is why they turn to 2nd hand sales. Then that opens up a whole other can of worms of it's own which we don't really need to cover again on these forums.

I think brick and mortar stores are going to be hurt next gen too. They'll see healthy growth for a couple of years as people switch to the new consoles. Once that initial boom is over though, it's going to happen again if MS/Sony drag the consoles out.

Nintendo said it best today though: going multiplatform is just a quick fix and won't help in the long run. Nintendo make great hardware and 1st party titles. They can survive for years yet even if the Wii U sales never pick up. I remember the anti-360 "news" in March-April 2006 saying things like they've already squeezed all the potential out of the console and the sales are dying off already. Utter nonsense. PS3 too went through maybe 4 years of hate before opinions began to change and the games spoke for themselves. The doomsday reporting is pathetic and frankly meaningless.

If you're going to bring something up at least put in some effort instead of posting fud. Drawsome and U Draw were accessories for Ubisoft and THQ respectively. THQ saw huge success for the U Draw on the Wii, so much so they doubled down on it for a sequel which flopped and probably contributed most to their eventual closure. Neither accessory was in any shape or form trying to replicate a tablet computer or any of the functionality Microsoft and Sony was working on for their consoles. It was a drawing tablet, that's it.

That isn't FUD dude. I am sorry if you can't properly understand anything. That isn't my fault though. The point is that it was already done. It doesn't matter if it was only for drawing or not. That is irrelevant. The reason is that people see it as a tablet. Point Blank.

Unfortunately, you don't understand that I am not out for fear, uncertainty and doubt. I wrote how I would fix Nintendo's problems and you skipped right over that and started talking about FUD. Congrats, you missed the entire post.

I am sorry if you can't properly understand anything. That isn't my fault though. 

Unfortunately, you don't understand that I am not out for fear, uncertainty and doubt.

Congrats, you missed the entire post.

You must be the most misunderstood person on this forum. Every time someone disagrees with you your standard response is to condescend to them and tell them that they 'simply don't understand'.

That isn't FUD dude. I am sorry if you can't properly understand anything. That isn't my fault though. The point is that it was already done. It doesn't matter if it was only for drawing or not. That is irrelevant. The reason is that people see it as a tablet. Point Blank.

Unfortunately, you don't understand that I am not out for fear, uncertainty and doubt. I wrote how I would fix Nintendo's problems and you skipped right over that and started talking about FUD. Congrats, you missed the entire post.

Oh I wasn't talking about fear, uncertainty or doubt.

Compl3x said it best (Y)

You must be the most misunderstood person on this forum. Every time someone disagrees with you your standard response is to condescend to them and tell them that they 'simply don't understand'.

Well, I suppose when someone talks complete non-sense I should just play into it. 

Well, I suppose when someone talks complete non-sense I should just play into it. 

Considering your 12 point plan on page 1 of this thread was mostly drivel, I wouldn't be so quick to point out other peoples' nonsense.

I'm posting nonsense? I posted cold hard facts. Drawsome and U Draw are drawing tablet accessories for specific games. Comparing Smartglass & PS4 computer tablet integration isn't even in the same ball park.

Bringing up Nintendo's name doesn't even make sense when they had anything to do with either accessory.

That is nonsense.

Yes, it is. I don't care what company you work for, seeing a fall in sales is never a good thing. Even with the hopes that things even out in the future, you still want your products and services to succeed in the market.

This is why I always tell people to be critical of a company. The attitude that Nintendo will just be fine or that they shouldn't work to drive their sales won't help anyone.

If that were the case, Nintendo wouldn't move units, gamers wouldn't get great deals or new features, and the lack of sales would mean a continued dry spell of games as developers look the other way. Whether you're a gamer, a Nintendo fan, a developer, or head of the company, I'm pretty sure you'd want Nintendo to make a big deal out of this. :geek: