PS Vita Firmware 2.61

You can now easily upload and download you saved data using online storage. Select the PlayStation Plus icon on the LiveArea screen for each application.

You can now play content saved on a connected device (PS3 or PC) with [Videos] and [Music].

Some items have been added to the menu that appears when you press and hold the PS button.

[Devices] has been newly added under [settings] and [bluetooth Settings] has been moved under [Devices].

In addition, the usability of many features has been improved.

You can turn off wifi, flight mode, etc. when you hold PS button

xQnpVZy.jpg

GU6K4OB.jpg

vx1zV9k.jpg

nf22SvO.jpg

No more ugly bubbles!

NksvS2k.gif

-----

PlayStation?Vita System Software Version 2.61

Main Features Revised in System Software Version 2.61

OtherAdjust network features

You can now adjust network features from the menu that appears when you press and hold the PS button. From the displayed menu, tap the feature you want to turn on or turn off.

adjust_features.jpg

http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/psvita/psvita-2-61/index.htm

I just updated my Vita to 2.60. I was actualy surprised by the version number, why no 2.50? However: we've seen this jump before with the PSP, after 6.39, version 6.60 was released. However 6.50 was the stock firmware for the PSP E1000, so, is there a new Vita model coming?

Now, about the update, it's  nice one, not something I will use, but still. However, I realy hope that they will drop the bubble interface in 3.00 for a more PlayStation 4-ish interface. I think this interface is just to ugly.

the bubbles are really the only major thing i noticed other than the PS button additions. too bad the download pending problem is still there.

AA is very nice, but some of the other features I've been waiting for a lot more!

Can finally use the online storage for one, lost a lot of saves :(

Are we ever going to see DLNA? Or is Sony worried that might affect sales in their own video/music market places?