xbox one play and charge pc microsoft

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jose_49

Jose_49

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 08 August 2013 - 15:20

After reading today's Xbox Wire "Unboxing Xbox One" post, I saw that one of the paragraphs stated this:

When you plug a micro-USB cable into the controller for wired gameplay, the internal radio is actually shut off, transmitting data through the wire.

Does this means that it will work differently as the 360's Play and Charge Kit on the PC?

Will we be able to buy a Wireless Controller for the One and use it directly with the PC using the Play and Charge Kit?

It would be quite nice, doing so :p

Original Article:

http://news.xbox.com...ox-one-unboxing

#2 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 August 2013 - 15:24

TBH that kinda sucks, I have quite frequently plugged my controllers into a laptop for instance so they can sit and charge off of that, I don't have a 5 meter long USB cable to be able to do that.

The article doesn't mention the length unless i'm blind.

#3 Thief000

Thief000

Neowinian

Posted 08 August 2013 - 15:34

Yes, it will work differently. The Xbox 360 P&C still let's the wireless connection be used when charging.

The USB connection on the Xbox One controller allows it to work with the PC with a driver update coming soon (There is NO separate wired controller coming for the Xbox One).

#4 OP Jose_49

Jose_49

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 August 2013 - 20:47

Yes, it will work differently. The Xbox 360 P&C still let's the wireless connection be used when charging.

The USB connection on the Xbox One controller allows it to work with the PC with a driver update coming soon (There is NO separate wired controller coming for the Xbox One).

Yeah! :D