Cameron calls for boycott of cyberbully websites to avoid more deaths

Nobody forces children to join these sites, and at any time they can choose to disable their own account. I don't understand why David Cameron feels the need to get involved (again).

I'm not going to bother looking into the ages of everyone who said "they can just leave duhh", however you do realize we're talking about young kids who often don't think that way? 

I'm not going to bother looking into the ages of everyone who said "they can just leave duhh", however you do realize we're talking about young kids who often don't think that way? 

They obviously have no choice but to keep coming back to these sites because they don't know any better.

Lets just shut down the entire internet and be done with it already. It's to protect the children.

• Like 3

Isn't Ask.FM a perfectly valid site - more a problem that they've simply allowed anonimity (as per MANY sites)?

you can disable anonymous questions if you don't want to receive theme.

I'm sorry, but when it comes to censorship and stuff like this, the United Kingdom is starting to become very ridiculous. Worse than Australia for crying out loud.

Nobody forces children to join these sites, and at any time they can choose to disable their own account.

I don't get it. It's a chat room as far as I can tell. They could always, you know, leave the chat.

Umm, isn't that exactly what he's recommending?

I'm sorry, but when it comes to censorship and stuff like this, the United Kingdom is starting to become very ridiculous. Worse than Australia for crying out loud.

I don't think you understand what censorship is.

YEah Im sorry I agree with some of the posters here. The parents are always looking for someone else to blame. I dont see why David Cameron has got to get involved again unless its a precursor to implementing higher level blocking of certain sites!

If a bunch of strangers told me to kill myself...............I'd think............erm........should I?  really?

Nah, I'd just you know............LEAVE THE WEBSITE

doh

Darwinism I'm afraid to say

The sad thing is, were getting to the point now where if I were to tell someone to jump of a cliff, and they did, it would be me who ends up in prison.  THINK FOR YOURSELVES PEOPLE....BAAAAA

• Like 1

I don't think the problem at hand is that parents want websites shut down because they can't parent their kids. Whoever is going after these sites is doing so because these sites refuse to do anything about bullying. It sounds to me that multiple cases have been shown where they've reported abuse / bullying on the websites and the owners have taken no action. I mean all you who complain about people here on Neowin and bark when nothing is done about them, you can just leave this website can't you? 

I'll keep saying, leave the site, use the block button and so on. The tools to avoid bullying are there why are they not used? To even call internet trolls bullies is taking it a bit too far. You'll get hate, it's the internet. Did I run crying to the police when someone posted a hate comment about me? No I used the block function that was provided.

MODERATE YOURSELVES!