6 posts in this topic

Posted

Having your credit card declined can be awkward and humiliating. But it's an even worse experience if you're at the airport, rushing to make your flight, and when it comes time to dole out the mandatory fee to check a bag, the airline counter employee lets you know that your card won't go through. Confused, you step out of line to check your balance. You just know your card isn't maxed out and should be able to cover the expense.

brbmycatexploded recently experienced this exact situation at Tampa International Airport.

"Having my card declined was extremely embarrassing, even though I didn't know a single soul in that airport," the Reddit user, who asked to be identified by just his first name, Andy, told Yahoo! Shine.

His story has a happy ending, though. When he returned to the counter, a Good Samaritan had generously paid his baggage fee and left a note:

"Hey, I heard them say your card was declined. I know how it feels. Your bag fee's on me. Just pay it forward the next time you get a chance. Have a safe flight. :)"

On Wednesday, Andy posted a photo of the note on Reddit and wrote, "If you're reading this, thanks for making my day."

The kind deed didn't just have a financial impact. "Seriously, reading their note gave me goosebumps and gave me faith that there are still good people out there," :happy:  Andy shared with Shine.

But he's not going to plan out how he'll pay it forward. "I think it will be a random decision, a spur-of-the-moment type thing," he explained. "I really don't think that that person walked into that airport, saying, 'I'm going to pay someone's baggage fee today.' So neither will I."

The random-act-of-kindness post has inspired other Redditors to share how they've spontaneously helped strangers or vice versa.

Poundt0wn described that while on vacation with his family, a man approached poundt0wn

1 person likes this

Posted

Good deeds don't get reported like they should, but they happen a lot more than people think. The world isn't totally evil yet.

Posted

^ You will see an amazing reversal, in the later half of this century. ;)

Posted

^ You will see an amazing reversal, in the later half of this century. ;)

I sure hope so! :)

Posted

Nice to know that the human race isnt quite doomed yet... that'll happen when the 12-14 year olds that belong on Jerry Springer grow up (You cant tell me I cant drink and smoke weed, I am 13 years old mom, I am growed up!!)

Posted

I sure hope so! :)

Me too but I think it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.