Elementary OS Luna released today

OMG Piratez! Expect the cops to come knocking very soon. 

Downloading from a nearby mirror.

Now that Kingsoft office seems to be stable & compatible enough, I'll see if I can install this on the wife's PC, and get her to try something new (gotta start somewhere, right?)  :laugh: 

I went the P2P/TORRENT way for bandwidth reasons - since I was at home (not on a portable's wireless connection @ a Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks or even my favorite Mayorga) lack of time was not the issue - just lack of bandwidth due to other items running in the background.

Mayorga is a local (in fact, quite local - HQ is in Rockville, MD) coffee company (basically, Mayorga is to here what Starbucks and Seattle's Best are to Greater SeaTac, or Larry's is to Raleigh/Durham/Research Triangle Park, NC).  You can get it in local grocery, natural food markets (including Whole Foods) and even local warehouse clubs (specifically Costco); however, like Dunkin and Starbucks, they also have their own storefronts.  Mayorga is a great change of pace from either Starbucks OR Dunkin, not to mention there IS that "local business" angle.

I have just managed to upgrade to the latest 3.10 kernel from source with Elementary. It does break ATI/AMD drivers however. I managed to fix it. I will try find my fix later. Elementary is quickly becoming the best Linux OS I have used.

using elementary since yesterday here. very impressed. i can see that the days when people could claim that linux is so badly designed are finally over. everyone who can use a mac can also use elementary. and this is a good thing. i like the simplicity. still i would prefer to add custom icons to the dock and also to the applications launcher. i have not found out how. midori crashes sometimes and i am sure i will replace the default mail client with thunderbird.

You can, Just drag them. Its quite particular where you drag them. Drag them OVER existing Icons rather than inbetween where you want it to do. It goes to the right of the one you hover over.

You can, Just drag them. Its quite particular where you drag them. Drag them OVER existing Icons rather than inbetween where you want it to do. It goes to the right of the one you hover over.

:o  indeed. i wanted to do it yesterday but immediately thought it was not possible because it would just open the application i draw the shortcut on. 

• 2 months later...

hello

yesterday I downloaded Elementary OS Luna and burned it on CD but it do not boot

it shows only 2 logos at the botton, what I did wrong? I have a intel processor

First and foremost, welcome to Neowin! I have no idea why you decided to register on a Windows-centric forum to revive a three month old thread about the latest Elementary OS release, but I encourage you to stick around and get involved. That said, please don't revive old threads to ask questions which are off-topic, or even tangential. Your question really deserves its own thread.

Honestly as much as I would love to thoroughly answer your question, you gave far too little information. There are a number of reasons why Elementary OS might not boot. The first one that comes to mind is Secure Boot. Is your computer relatively new? Did it ship with Windows 8 or Windows 8.1? If so, it is likely that Secure Boot is preventing you from booting from the disc you burned. I recommend that you read the Secure Boot entry on the Ubuntu Wiki to learn how to determine if this your problem. Since Elementary OS consists of a relatively small set of packages built on Ubuntu, any solution you find on the Ubuntu Wiki should be wholly applicable to Elementary OS.

Apart from that, more information would be very helpful. Is there a specific error message you get when you try to boot from the Elementary OS disc? Can you describe the two logos you see when it fails to load? If you cannot accurately describe the problem, can you at least upload a picture or screenshot of it?