wp8 windows phone 8 bugs

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Kalint

Kalint

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 13 August 2013 - 15:30

I wish I could turn off that stupid search button, I hit it on accident all the damn time.  Like I'll be using the flashlight app and all of a sudden the light goes off and theres a crab on my screen.  COME ON!

#17 OP Turbonium

Turbonium

Neowinian

Posted 13 August 2013 - 15:58

I wish I could turn off that stupid search button, I hit it on accident all the damn time.  Like I'll be using the flashlight app and all of a sudden the light goes off and theres a crab on my screen.  COME ON!

I lawled. So true.

#18 primexx

primexx

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 6

Posted 13 August 2013 - 23:56

The search was contextual in the initial version of Windows Phone but it confused 1 of the 4 people who bought it.

yup. they had a great idea with the contexual search in the initial version, but it was confusing because it wasn't ALL contextual. sometimes it was, sometimes it wasn't. Instead of making it consistent by making it all contextual, they decided to just make it all static. Now there's random little search icons in different apps because of it. Stupid decision.

#19 Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

• Tech Issues Solved: 61

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:46

I just realized I forgot to list a 5th issue with my WP...

Issue 5 (software bug? problem with phone?) - Sometimes, the phone will lock up on its own when swiping (this happens a couple times a week, and I use my phone fairly frequently). It literally will "freeze" the display wherever it was at, and will not respond to any commands. The only way to fix it (iirc) is to hit the power key twice (once to turn the screen off, and again to turn it on again in a reset state).

That issue is probably to do with the SD card as well. I am rocking a 520 atm, one of the lowest end WP8 you can get and it isn't frustratingly slow, it's smooth and I'm really impressed for what I paid for it! (€150 incl tax/delivery).

App switching/resuming is a little slow (like 2-3 secs), but that's down to the phone only having 512mb ram.

#20 +sanke1

sanke1

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:06

@OP

What you saying about dedicated Bing Search button?
That is the single most best feature of the OS. I love it when I am typing something serious and an accidental tap brings a nice soothing picture of Nature landscape. Calms my nerves.

Actually I wish I could get device which just has Bing button and takes me to its wonderful search interface. The screen should be big though. I don't mind if it doesn't do an actual search.

#21 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:50

yup. they had a great idea with the contexual search in the initial version, but it was confusing because it wasn't ALL contextual. sometimes it was, sometimes it wasn't. Instead of making it consistent by making it all contextual, they decided to just make it all static. Now there's random little search icons in different apps because of it. Stupid decision.

App developer issue. App developers needs to implement the search, they didn't and then it defaulted to regular search...

#22 Dashel

Dashel

Disgustipator

Posted 16 August 2013 - 22:20

I'd prefer it stay as the 'Bing' button.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!