Photo

Full Grand Theft Auto Online gameplay reveal Thursday

gta online gaming sony ps3 xbox 360 microsoft gta v grand theft auto online grand theft auto v rockstar games

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 vetJohn Callaham

John Callaham

Neowinian

• 666 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 13:21

Full Grand Theft Auto Online gameplay reveal Thursday
by John Callaham

In July, Rockstar Games released the first real gameplay trailer for the long awaited open world action game Grand Theft Auto V. Most of the trailer concentrated on the single player portion but at the very end of the clip, we got to see a few seconds of the multiplayer section of the game, Grand Theft Auto Online.

That video tease shows a character looking out a window overlooking the city of Los Santos and seeing what looked like many online players in the game world, driving cars and even flying vehicles. Today, Rockstar revealed on its Twitter page that the full GTA Online reveal, including a new gameplay trailer, will be made on Thursday.

Rockstar seems to be hinting that the online multiplayer experience for GTA V will be something different and perhaps more expansive than what was put in the previous game, GTA IV. In addition to the trailer, online media sites are expected to offer their own previews of GTA Online Thursday. GTA V is still due to be released on September 17th for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Source: Rockstar Games on Twitter

#2 Dane

Dane

Neowinian Senior

• 6,763 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 13:24

I don't know if I should get it or not.  It's a waste to get any 360 game.  Since you can't play it on the new xbox.  Same for playstation I guess.  Blah.  

#3 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• 3,401 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 13:57

I don't know if I should get it or not.  It's a waste to get any 360 game.  Since you can't play it on the new xbox.  Same for playstation I guess.  Blah.  

I face the same problem, This is one game I want bad but I plan to trade in the 360 and PS3 to fund my next console purchase so it seems kind of a waste to buy this for a few month. I'm hoping that eventually, they will release it on next gen.

#4 ahhell

ahhell

Neowinian Senior

• 8,896 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 14:07

ITT:

Fun can only be had on upcoming unreleased systems.

:s

#5 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• 5,462 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 14:09

I'm mainly buying this game for its single player, anything else is a bonus to me. Although with branding it in its own category of "GTA Online" I'm starting to think this could be an MMO?

Would of been nice if you could do story co-op with 2 friends as the other characters.

#6 Jason Stillion

Jason Stillion

Neowinian

• 1,420 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 18:10

Maybe they can pull off what APB tried to do but failed. 

#7 +MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• 6,963 posts
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 12 August 2013 - 18:50

I'm mainly buying this game for its single player, anything else is a bonus to me. 

Same here, primarily buying for single player but if the multiplayer turns out to be good then that's an awesome bonus.

I've actually got high hopes for this.

#8 Earthworm_Jim

Earthworm_Jim

GROOVY_!

• 7,061 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 19:25

I am certain that in 6month-1year it will come out for PC and the next gen consoles simultaneously 

not need to keep current gen just to enjoy it, like it was with last of us. last of us for PS3 will never come out for any other console.

rockstar is know to delay, but release to other major platforms!

#9 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,740 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:42

Can't wait to see this. They've been improving their multiplayer with each game. So i'm expecting GTA Online to be brilliant.

I'm hoping for free roam but you can take part in all the mini games the game has. Plus it'll have coop challenges throughout the game world.

#10 GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• 1,269 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:16

Its Out. 

#11 ZakO

ZakO

Neowinian

• 1,029 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:26

Hopefully they have an anti-cheat system this time preventing people from being able to use Turbo controllers to shoot a million times quicker than a standard controller.

#12 the better twin

the better twin

Neowinian Senior

• 1,710 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:51

More like its a waste to get the new systems with the few launch titles on offer.