Luma 925 or HTC 8X?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 daniel_rh

daniel_rh

Daniel R. H.

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy SIV i9500

Posted 17 August 2013 - 17:03

Nokia all the way, they have the software, tons of addons, support...

#17 HyperTallih

HyperTallih

Neowinian

Posted 17 August 2013 - 17:46

i recommedend a Nokia Lumia 925. But choose what you choose.

#18 OP New Animals

New Animals

Neowinian

Posted 22 August 2013 - 21:04

Thanks for the posts everyone. I decided I'll stick with Nokia 'cause well, the 8X is kinda old and HTC don't support Windows Phones like Nokia do.

#19 Sir Topham Hatt

Sir Topham Hatt

A Very Talented Individual

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:51

I had a Nokia 920 for a while, then changed to the 8X.

Money isn't flowing too greatly in my household so I can never buy a phone new off the shelf - I have waited for up to 12 months before buying it before.

The 920 was great but I was annoyed that many of the "exclusive apps" were still asking for a fee.  I guess that was my naivety.  In the end I sent it back as I simply couldn't afford to keep it, despite the greatness of the camera.

I opted for the 8X.  Obviously similar in the way it works, the camera isn't as great and the Beats Audio seems to do nothing.  In hindsight I should have stuck with the 920 but I wouldn't have used the charging pillow (£70 additional cost), and therefore the weight wasn't worth it.

HTC may not support their phones "as much as Nokia" but I have the GDR-2 update and will expect the GDR-3 soon.  However being sim free helps a lot, hence I buy my phones straight from Amazon or wherever.

But in a year, year and a half, I'd be looking to go back to the Lumia range of phones as I still like their look.

#20 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:42

I have an 8X and it's been fine, though I do wish I had all the added Nokia bits.  Anyways, the point is going to be moot soon anyways with MS buying Nokias hardware division.  Next year should be interesting with WP8.1 and what they do with it. 

#21 Dashel

Dashel

Disgustipator

Posted 03 September 2013 - 15:56

Bring on the Mg version of the 925!

#22 Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

• Tech Issues Solved: 83

Posted 03 September 2013 - 15:58

As a former 8X owner (it was stolen :/), I'm happy I moved to Nokia (have a 520 atm) and I'll be getting a 925 when it becomes available in Holland.

#23 Aletheia

Aletheia

Neowinian

Posted 03 September 2013 - 16:02

I have 8X and I like it a lot, but since MS bought Nokia, it will be better if you get 925. If I were to choose between the two TODAY, I would choose 925 over 8X.